Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never underestimate the nutritional value of a possum.

Some of us know how to make sock weapons. If you ever hafta lay your guns on the table, feel confident in your sox.

There seem to be 3 Rick's beard accounts, but the real @ricksbeard is a doofus who doesn't know the goldmine he's got.

I'm still waiting for the breeding camps and a random World Health Organization person showing up who knows another snippet of useless information.

Bite your razor-speaking tongue. >=l He's MOSES.

Note to guys: marry a woman who can kill, gut, and cook stuff and then make leather clothing and shoes in the event of a zombie apocalypse. Some of us are pretty capable.

Gold stars to people who know that Disney is rumored to be linked with *cough* reprogramming *cough*. Good tweet.

@bonenado totally jumped on the Lost feel, too.

I keep getting this "You will be tested on this part" feeling.

I love that word- magnificent. Keep that in mind.

790: You're wasting your energy attempting to force my cooperation.
    I have no sense of self-preservation and I can always be reassembled.

Comment

If you haven't seen the show yet, I'll leave you to wonder about this.

Agreed, but too bad he doesn't have that horse now.

This wound up being retweeted into a weird shower account.

I'm trying to remember the last time a beard became a true pop icon. Rick even beats Wil Wheaton's beard thing. By the way, yes, Wil Wheaton's beard has a twitter account but it died a long time ago.

This was actually more shocking for me to watch than the zombie killing.

Twitter divided into two solid camps after that and never let go of it the rest of the show. Is there anyone else on this earth who has ever created love/hate issues this intense in only a matter of seconds? Again, if you have not yet seen this episode, prepare for squeaky clean full torso nudity and a baby face. I felt like my eyes were being molested. #RIPRicksBeard We knew you well.

The weeping went up across the nation.

Meanwhile...

Would someone please just let Daryl feed people his possum? I feel like I'm watching a Wall Street crash around the worth of Daryl or something.

The Daryl fans are holding out hope...

Comment

Voices of wisdom, yea verily.

Can you imagine being able to do facebook updates during the apocalypse? I mean, that's what I'd be doing if I had a Rick Grimes Beard facebook page. You could get the characters reacting with comments. Personally, he lost power points with me.

Poor Daryl...

Ok, I'll try to let the beard thing go if you guys will.

Or not...

I can't even imagine Daryl fans going through what the Rick fans just went through.

A tweet came through about how this suddenly turned into a daytime type soap opera, and even though I didn't retweet, I agree.

Sorry, spaced and started actually watching. You might have missed something big here.

Some of you are still stuck a few minutes back. Smell that lather...

Here, have some completely sporadic nonsense while I get more stuff uploaded.

Comment

O_O

Will the shave have been a big mistake? *_* I feel their chances of success have wildly skewed into unreal odds.

What's with all this sudden trivia coming through? You guys are having some serious PTSD over this beard thing.

Yeah, they make those cute little leash things now.

Rick has a speedy face. It's an adaptive trait. Wild humans use facial hair to establish alpha status. Rick tamed down a little too quick.

In some areas, NyQuil is known as 'Baptist Brandy'.

Ok, the last tweet in this next one jerked me awake and I realized the lack of racial tweets this week, hadn't seen a single one in all the beard tweets where usually it's like every fifth one is about who's going to die next because they're black, so does this tweet mean diversity like racial, or diversity like all kinds of enabled people vs the burb? I haven't rewatched yet, so I'm super curious now if this is a clue to the next big problem they encounter.

Rick's bears, lol.

Daryl folded up shop. Someone needs to make him a possum sandwich.

Carol has a plan....

Comment

Carol is like a sleeper cell. That's awake.

What if Carl likes a girl and she becomes a zombie and he's scarred for life? #awkward

I still support gun hosiery.

We presuppose that the once-humans don't realize this, though.

Ok, ok, we got it, never hide a gun in a blender laying on a trash pile. (This will be on the test.)

Yeah, even Rick looks a little surprised by that.

Which takes people manning feeds, and a communication network...

I'm rolling my eyes that someone had this in their stash ready to go.

Pretty sure Carl has seen enough now to figure it out. He's the next gen world leader, he's all over this.

Well, they thought they could take the guvna, and Carol totally saved their butts from Terminus, and they really didn't win at the hospital, so I'm not sure how they think they're going to take a whole neighborhood they haven't seen yet.

Comment

It happened too fast without them knowing enough.

Kinda looks like the #SnarkAlecs

I would say Ha, at least he doesn't have to do paperwork on this job, but how much you wanna bet they've got all kinds of paperwork he'll hafta fill out as if everything were still normal.

Gotta wonder how Daryl smells about now. I know what a possum smells like.

Someone just crank that fire hydrant.

Rick got all the glory and nobody ate Daryl's possum. Time to restore some balance. Thanks for checking out my live tweet review.

UPDATE- I did not realize this until this evening that a friend of mine had a tweet quoted on The Talking Dead, very exciting. Click to see sources.

Last edited by Pinky; 03-02-2015, 06:01 PM.

Comment

You guys ready for some live tweet review splat? No? You're getting it anyway. Here we go. This one is The Walking Dead: Season 5, Episode 13 "Forget" (8 Mar. 2015)

Before we start- I don't usually rewatch before I do these because 1- I'm incredibly lazy, and 2- I like keeping how I felt about the fan reactions fresh and pure in my mind. I took a little time and rewatched this morning, made notes, got a couple pix. I really don't care to expound, but I'm so ticked off at our gang right now I can't help lobbing a few thought splats onto the interwebs. As usual, pic snips click back to sources, and as usual, I'll restate my continually confirmed disclaimer that I usually wind up being wrong about things.

Since I'm being more dramatic than usual, here is the original full opening theme. It's really cool.

Right away, we establish that we are holding out hope, although I'm pretty sure there would be a riot if he did.

I didn't come in during pre-show warmup so I wound up kinda jumping into a fray of nervous chatter, not unlike standing in a line somewhere. I took out a troll immediately with a report-and-block move and it felt just like killing a twitter zombie. #twitterstab It felt gooooood.

I'll let you guys get oriented before I interrupt.

Keep this picture in mind.

Sasha is obliterating evidence. You guys remember that when the real apocalypse comes, don't go around blasting stuff.

I have no idea who Emily Kinney is, but I do know that fermented foods is how our ancestors survived for millennia.

Remember that we keep seeing these people.

I actually know a person who would say the exact same thing about the picture frames, even during a zombie apocalypse.

Carol is the ultimate black ops.

If you're new, this is how it works- I'm allowed 10 media items per panel, so I'll link my progress here from twitter as I go. I'm off to upload more stuff.

Comment

So Carol is emptying out her mag on this one walker. Are you remembering those pictures? Tell me this isn't the same shirt. I was going back and forth on my tv checking to see if all those lines matched up because I think it's entirely possible.

Deanna had said that she'd had to turn out a few people, which was like a death sentence. Were they marked first, then killed, and then used as a weird sort of perimeter patrol to keep real people away before they could be filtered in a more purposeful way? Do they use zombies they created as watch dogs? Have we been getting hints that zombies might be slightly trainable in some weird way? Does this explain the familiarity the Alexandria patrol had with abusing certain zombies as a sort of game? Am I overthinking this? Sorry. Moving on.

I've gotta ask a few more questions real fast and then we'll go back to the live tweet. (You guys are lucky you don't sit in the same room with me when I watch TV. I pause a lot.) Is Alexandria the hub of outlying engineered communities like Terminus? Terminus was able to broadcast, is that how they knew about our gang? Are these communities working together like a network? Are they choosing who they want the survivors to be?

Ok, let's get back to you guys.

Because government. Like guvna.

This Deanna tweet spun me around.

BINGO.

My face through this whole episode.

You know, like, lizard pie. There's always going to be food talk.

Picked up a straggler. Someone was really into that hawt Carol action.

Here is a complimentary Daryl pic while I go work some more.

Comment

Before we start back up, just wanna point out how worms and occasional dog protein are awesome for mass. Also, in case of a real apocalypse, get to know your local greens. You'd be surprised at how many weeds out there help prevent scurvy.

Daryl iz the horse. It's one of them mety-fours. Soon as anyone gets close, off he runs. I was very surprised to see Aaron picking off walkers like he invoked Sasha or something, except he made it look like zen. Lotta stuff we still don't know about Aaron.

I blame Dawn for the cup of hot chocolate that magically appeared at my side just now.

Wumbo is a thing. You'll be tested on this.

If these people are making fine aged cheeses, I'm THERE.

Yeah, what do you wear to a party in the zombie apocalypse?

Mety-fourically, #saveDaryl. We might be seeing a hint of things to come. Just as they were cornered in Terminus, the horse is cornered in a fenced field. If Daryl goes off on his own, there will be no one to save him. Mety-fourically. Here is where I first suspected that this is how they control the pet zombies, using local feral livestock going into the same field to keep the zombies rambling around in a radius instead of randomly. Daryl may be a great woodsman, but he's not a farmer. The fence is the first thing I saw coming in that scene. It's like a wall, but invisible. Please tell me someone else out there is getting all this layered symbolism.

The party is actually what really started ticking me off. Our gang fell for this whole head game so hard, even invisible Carol. This whole party felt like a mind game trap to me. Literally being separated from each other while they're all packed in the same room and taken in different mental directions was so genius on Deanna's part, and I've gotta stop before I shake my laptop and smash up a window throwing it out. *huffing off*

Did anyone else notice that stamper boy's mom was inked up?

All kinds of symbols were peeking out at us every direction she turned.

Comment

• I've gotta keep remembering there is no spoon and not get so emotionally involved. Where were we? A is for Alexandria, right?

Bets on that she gets to surprise him later.

I wish he had.

lol

I hope there's a lot more to the whole applesauce thing than it just being said and/or focused on in every episode. Something sinister lurking in the old apple orchard, as it were.

Speaking of wanting a pasta maker (because where else do I put this), that's gotta be a prearranged convo prompt that the town agreed on in a secret meeting ahead of this party. I mean, she evidently keeps saying she wants one, but who the heck is this person and why does it keep coming up? "Souvenirs, novelties, party tricks...."

I don't always realize right away what I'm retweeting.

I don't apologize for my obsessive love for Mr. Bean. Apparently I'm not alone.

slurp!

BUT. Once again, how genius is this cooking up a plan to get Daryl out of the way. Daryl has a history of winding up with bad people when the good people let him slip through the cracks.

Comment

• Big Brother, guys. It's all there, training the children to point out who gets killed next.

You guys are precious. =D

Judith was having one of those 'hey, get a room' moments.

"Horrific event" = "My party was ruined".

Culture shock. When I'm in the zombie apocalypse, I'm going to create a really good fake KFC recipe and act like everything's normal, just to be annoying.

All the best parties have some kind of meltdown.

Emily Post time. The how-to of brain eating for zombies

Word, dude.

The New World Order. Get used to it.

Comment

• So, at the beginning of the episode the secret meeting was cool, but at the end Rick and Daryl have secrets now and I'm betting Carol knows they're getting sucked into following white rabbits. Even together they aren't really together any more now.

I think there are two Ricks now.

In the meantime, they've successfully implanted APPLESAUCE into my head, I've looked up a dozen sites already trying to find out more about the stupid apples around there.

What in Terminus does A mean?

I got this whole creepy Brick in the Wall vibe going.

I saw this just as the tweet was ending. Buttons took the fall this time.

This clicks to original deviantart source.

By the way, I think Deanna and Mary (Terminus) were sisters, and Deanna is going to get her revenge. Wild shot in the dark and most likely completely wrong. See you next week.

Comment

• So this week's live tweet was for s5ep14 "Spend". This review may turn into a week-long adventure amidst ongoing facepalms, starting with Friday the 13th and plowing straight on through my luck o' the Irish today, as I've finally become brave enough to eat a real meal again and abruptly broke a tooth, so all work is once again cast aside for adventures at the dentist. Let me pause and give this event a proper nod while we reflect on how dental emergencies would be handled in the event of a zombie apocalypse. I'm picturing rusty pliers.

Who knows, maybe they have a dentist in Alexandria. Rick probably needs a tooth pulled. That is likely the understatement of the year after seeing the condition the rest of him was in before that shower.

I made it to pre-game warm up this time.

Yeah, I think they were a little afraid to rassle Daryl to the ground & pour a bucket of water over him.

And then I broke a tooth #bumpit.

I just realized that Carol has outstanding teeth for being an apocalypse gal.

I was so irked when I saw this tweet and realized that I completely missed Pi Day. >=l

Back to the burbs and judgy's so judgy. The Walking Dead live tweet is like surfing, you wax up your keyboard, rivet one eyeball to each screen, and hang on for dear life. You people who can get these pix out in real time are like twitter gods.

Did I say it?

Hope you all lifted one high for Greg.

Ok, you know how this goes, I get ten graphix per panel, pix snips click back to sources, and I'll tweet links out as I get more done. Don't hold your breaths that I'll get finished in one day this time.

Comment

• I'm a foodie. Always cracks me up the food I see coming through during one of the bloodiest shows on TV. You want brownies now, right? Since today is St. Patrick's Day and I had a mild fever and no food yesterday and now I'm thinking about zombies, I'm making this weird leap from Irish brownies to eating brownies. +_+

Now I wish Carol had made brownies.

You guys are so cute still making these little discoveries two episodes later.

Musta had some spares in a pocket.

Has anyone looked Leviticus up yet? That was torn at chapter 3, the peace offering without blemish. You can see why the guy's a nervous wreck.

I heard the last tweet in this next snip in Peter Cook's voice.

Just for that, I'm posting the commercial right after this snip. >=D heh heh

I hafta leave now. Special surprise when I come back to this.

Comment

• Thanx for being so patient, and now here is your reward. I call it "A Study of Daryl's Leg". There are several twitter accounts for various parts of Daryl's body, like Daryl's Legs, Daryl's Arms, Daryl's Right Nut, and of course Daryl's Crossbow and Daryl's Ear Necklace. If you need a more spiritual connection, you can also try Daryl Dixon's Angst. I know it's hard on some of you when the Daryl level goes down or even disappears from week to week. If that's the case, you need to be following the man behind the Daryl, Norman Reedus.

And in case you need theme music while you look back over those.

You said it, Hols.

By the way, you can also follow Daryl's Motorcycle on twitter, and check out AMC's vlog talk with Norman about the new bike. (For those who don't know me that well yet, my dad owned a Honda shop and I was practically conceived on a motorcycle. Daycation)

Lemme go load more stuff and we'll get back to the live tweet in the next panel.

Comment

Working...
                                X