Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When we left off our last panel, Nicholas was on point...

Saw a whole lotta feels coming through about animals trapped in a pet store, way to go doubling down on the ol' tension there, writers. Just priming the sad so we can super spike it later... (Evil genius writing level, I was in awe watching the hashtag feeds.)

Saw a lot of Paw-Paw tweets, too.

Hey, just retweeting them as I see them. Some of you need to be paying attention for pointers on how to SURVIVE.

After a few years of kids and hamsters, I say no thanks to zombie hamsters...
    790: You're wasting your energy attempting to force my cooperation.
    I have no sense of self-preservation and I can always be reassembled.

Comment

• I was actually thinking this when I saw it come through. But we saw how that worked out with Tyreese, right?

Seriously, Rick has practically drank walker milkshake in a couple of eps.

I had a really bad feeling about this...

Uh-oh, premonitions are popping up. But how many of us believe in the 'we riot' mojo since Daryl still hasn't croaked off yet, right?

You can click this to click their link and find out. Cracks me up that's really a story in the New York Times. Could anyone have predicted that 50 years ago?

THIS. Yes, this is a real thing. You're welcome.

ME TOO.

Taking a little break, I'll tweet the next link when I get going again.

Comment

• @bonenado actually frets after watching this show and then dreams about zombies. I don't seem to have that problem since I don't actually watch and get emotionally invested, but I do dream about running hashtag feed alerts.

At the beginning of this season's live tweet review I intro'd a few people. I don't usually see Vicki do the TWD live tweet. She co-authored Still Here Thinking of You.

This is the point where one of my eyeballs watched the TV and the other eyeball watched the feeds. I'm getting pretty good at eyeball splits.

No, not even close to done yet.

Comment

• Post-apocalyptic mail service sux. Say your feels NOW before it's too late, people!

See, I'd have just pushed Nicholas off the dumpster when he got all weird-eyed.

Glenn's fans at a comic-con.

Glenn's last thoughts? I'm having flashbacks to the prison before he morphed into super Glenn and kicked butt.

We'll get back to Amy later... She's going to be on the next #SNews, by the way, talking with the guys about this season so far. Click that for day/time/link.

A grief-stricken fandom is READY with those gifs, yowza. Braced for doom.

2-3 more panels to go, and if you don't see one show up in the next half hour, I'll finish up at lunch, my time. #facepalm Horrible place to say that...

Comment

• Personally, I'm hoping we get to see Glenn discovered laying there all zombied, like we got to see Merle. The real question is- will Maggie be the one to stab him through the head?

We all feel like walkers on Monday. This is a great article. The Walking Dead in an Age of Anxiety "Most important, The Walking Dead is a morality tale that disdains easy answers. How does a civilized person behave in a world where civilization has collapsed?"

Click this, download it, print it out, frame it, hang it, and repeat it to yourself every Monday.

You know, for all the people who meticulously tic off every black death on the show, I think I was (*ahem* Nelson was) the only one to notice that 3 black people walked away together just fine after an Asian died. I could be wrong, could've missed someone in all those thousands of tweets flying by.

This. was. sweet.

One more panel, guys.

Comment

• Don't know about y'all, but this whiplashing us from one super intense scene to another is callousing my brain.

If you're not a twitter person, the feed reads from the bottom up. Remember, I'm glancing at my screen over a laptop with two running feeds while I retweet through two twitter accounts, so all I saw was Glenn's head. It is my belief at this point that the viewers won't get any closure on Glenn until someone finds him, and that could be several eps down the road if the writers are evil enough. Remember what they put us through over Beth!

I was pretty wound up, first time that's happened since i jumped in the TWD live tweets.

I posted this Monday.

And this happened last night. Each one clicks back into the middle of a long, hilarious argument that you can scroll back and forth through.

This one came out today, you can vote on whether Glenn is still alive or not until the #SNews comes on Thursday evening, click the snip to go to the voting site.

You have a little over 24 hours from the timestamp on this panel to do that, and you can reach the #SNews by clicking on this next snip.

Amy and Holly don't believe Glenn is dead, and neither does our very own Glenn.

What say you?

See you next week.

Comment

• Now begins the #TWDLiveTweetReview for The Walking Dead s6ep4 "Here's Not Here".

The social experiment plot thickens and lumps up like pea soup while victims all over the world struggle with the quantum quagmire that is Glenn, and the debates rage out of control like wildfires over the weaker viewers pulling back into their safety bubbles, looking at the flowers and chanting as they pull daisy petals out- "He's alive". "He's dead." "He's alive. "He's dead."

Our little gang was no different. What you are about to see in this panel is the tight coil of a wound up week about to spring, and deep down I knew the writers were getting us ready for another Bethisode-style angst-and-bloodbath holiday season. If you are not a twitter user, remember that feeds read from the bottom up.

This next one clicks back into the convo so you can read it from the top down, in case you want context. It's pretty rare that I rev up like this before a live tweet.

I saw this little guy everywhere. Remember, pic snips click back to sources.

Holly is my favorite, she really knows how to play the twitters.

Going back through these, major facepalm, I know how things look totally different in print sometimes. We were still on the Glenn alive vs dead thing (this next one clicks back into convo for context), and I should have worded it "Fans cheer, Tony bails". We're not cheering IF Tony bails. Very awkward faux pas there. But he wasn't alone, I saw loads of hardcore purist fans threatening to stop watching if they find Glenn alive.

*feels* I honestly don't know how pregnant people can watch TWD at all, Amy is pretty awesome.

Tony throws down. This is the best use of Chuck Norris since Jack Bauer. Click out to see the full pic.

I really do believe TWD viewers are part of a new cutting edge in entertainment merch and scheduling. The social psychology of this whole series keeping viewers addicted and talking across social media almost continually is, in my opinion, North America's only chance against BBC leading with Doctor Who world sync. Just saying. The whole #UnderTheDome thing refers back to #SnarkalecRadio discussions. Again, this next snip clicks back into the convo if you need context.

So you guys remember how 'Bethisode' was coined? I think Emily Kinney was the first to actually tweet that word, which I think I captured for posterity way back in this review somewhere. Anyway, I'm wondering what equivalent coinage Glenn might get when his big last show comes up, unless they just never discover him and we get flashbacks or whatevs before he drops off the map. I mean, 'Glennisode' just doesn't have the same cool ring to it, does it?

Clicks back, etc.

If you're new to this review thread, I get 10 graphics per panel, and I tweet links as every panel gets done. I've never done a panel quite like this one before, so don't worry, the whole review isn't my head floating across the page clicking back to convos. Keep your eyes peeled today, thanx to the psyche-fest lasting 90 minutes, we've got a long way to go.

Comment

• You seriously need to click out and see this one before we get into the portent. If you're not science-y and don't get it, that's ok.

I wasn't the only TWD fan who immediately jumped on this, BUT I was one of the first. (I am timestamped as third.) Thanx to my aspergers, hell yeah, documention. By the way, the #deadnotdead feed is pretty cool if you wanna get lost in fan angsting, TWD totally took that hashtag OVER.

Sharing the glory and highly jealous of not jumping on that hashtag.

YES, Norman in a new series. And Holly's right. You either keep up or fall victim and become one of the zombies. "Quitters never win, and winners never quit." -Doomsday, Kids from C.A.P.E.R., ep9 "The Terrible Tollman" (click here for videos)

You guys know every BBC fan in the world is laughing every time you 'we riot' TWD stuff, right? Moffat has been destroying their Christmas days for YEARS.

I srsly miss the Moses beard. That was epic.

Sending fans into tizzies.

TIZZIES, I tell you. The only scene comparable to this is Kai in a fridge. That's a joke. Kai is #deadnotdead. Lexx? Oh, nevermind.

I know, huge mistake jumping into the live tweet warmup jitters. I swear the next panel is the show actually starting.

Comment

• The bullet theory is my fave. Some fans are still way back there on Rick's going to wake up in the hospital, too, so just hang onto your cute little hopes. {hug}

Ok, I know, my itchy retweet finger needs a break. Still, it's cute.

The whole TWD fandom as AMC goes dark and the glowing TWD title comes on the screen. Can you imagine all the stuff Sheldon would argue about? I'd love to get his take on Glenn right now.

Day of the Dead

Hang on, wanna rock this thing out.

Comment

• Now, now...

I think they're psyching you guys out. Buncha people perked up over the credits.

You know what, I'm gonna give Trooper Ben this one, but I think it's only fair to acknowledge they've come a really long way since then.

O_O

Comment

• How many of us thought of the T-rex? *holding up my hand* Lisa was tweeting something else entirely, but some of her stuff bombing the TWD feeds I had going were too funny to pass up, like as if J-Lo got rippin' murdered by someone like Morgan or something. #crossthestreams

They are forcing us to pay attention. And now I'm regretting blowing the wolves off. I thought they'd be some fly by night story arc like Terminus, although that kinda looks like it'll be coming back up, too. Sorry, getting ahead of myself.

These are the friends I want in the zombie apocalypse. I will find you guys.

Droll lol there, TWD. *polite chuckle* Now get outa the way, I'm navigating zombie feeds!

That alone is one of the most terrifying sites of the whole apocalypse if you're getting Twisty flashbacks.

From T-rex to Twisty in one panel. o_o What's coming next?

Comment

• I'm not sure my psychologist would survive the zombie apocalypse, but yeah...

Well, when you're not eating a snake or worms... How many of you would buy TWD branded breakfast cereal? I'm serious, I'd totally buy any food they put Rick and Daryl and Michonne on. If I stuck a poll in here asking whether they're missing out on a ripe opportunity, would you vote yes?

Hey, @bonenado would totally buy TWD goat cheese.

This is making me hungry for cheese. brb

Comment

• Meanwhile...

Um, I think there was a Morgan Funko announcement. I'm slipping an extra snip in here just for Cornelius. How can anyone be a fan on twitter and not know something is all over a fandom on twitter? You're doing it wrong. Extra snip link courtesy of Morgan Funkopop search on twitter.

Now any time my dad brings up the anti-Christ, y'all'll know exactly what I'll be thinking, lol.

For goat fans, Tabitha is a Nubian. We had Nubian goats growing up. Yes, I had to help milk them. No, we didn't make cheese.

I'm wondering where Tabitha's 'kids' are... Goats don't just make milk like that out of the blue. Did the cheesemaker eat them?

Comment

• See what I mean? Lisa's tweets are so synced with these.

Praying for a fictional goat is good practice. #zombieapocalypse

I think the ad I saw was for this mobile game.

lol, good one =D

More coming...

Comment

• This, yes. As much as I enjoy the love/hate dichotomy during the live tweets, this one bifurcated into extremes, and as far as I could tell, both the hate and the love were pretty evenly matched. I was swimming through a mixture of venom and ambrosia, possibly accurately reflecting the dichotomous ways the characters are handling the zombie apocalypse, yes? Interesting...

I can't believe I've still got 4 more panels.

Comment

Working...
                                X