No announcement yet.

Pinky Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is how my Monday started. Because zombie Yoda is really a thing. Just image search it, you'll be blown away. Or in heaven if you love zombie Star Wars stuff.

Now that the weird May snow has passed, I'm once again pouring benadryl in my coffee and getting ready to crank it up and WORK. Here is today's wake up music.

790: You're wasting your energy attempting to force my cooperation.
    I have no sense of self-preservation and I can always be reassembled.

Comment

I had a Dr Who dream last night, first one ever, probably triggered from playing on facebook at 1:00 in the morning when I popped awake for awhile. Very weird and convoluted, time was super jumbled, and we had to go back and redo something that got screwed up. But, I really screwed it up worse. All I had to do was hold a door open so it couldn't lock the Doctor out. On one side was society ticking along, on the other was a trap for nutters and fringe people who couldn't quite seem to fit in. It was a nice trap, with a pool and an arcade, but they could never get back through the door because the handle and lock were only on one side. Well, someone very important for something to happen wound up getting locked out of society, and the Doctor had me stand guard by that door so I could open it and let him and that guy out when they reached it, but a scuffle happened on the society side, and I wound up getting shoved in by enforcers along with a bunch of derelicts. Oopsie. But you know what? I figured out how I could trick the system and get that door to stay open long enough to block it when more people got shoved in, huzzah! Unfortunately, things went horribly awry in the trap side and I couldn't get the door open in time. So we had to run the other way, and things just got more and more muddled until we actually escaped, only to find out it was into a place much worse- a tourist trap! We had to roll big foot tall coins at a slot across a lot, and if they went in, a hangar door would lift up and we'd have to dash like mad to reach it and roll under before it slammed down shut again. Only it was impossible to reach that distance in time.

There was a lot more, and I hope I remember it later, because it was so intriguing, lots of details. But it would take half the day to write it out, and I have other plans.

I have lots of dreams about doors and windows, locking and unlocking, trying to keep something out or trying to get away, trying to get free. Many years of doors and windows. They make the coolest stories. If I put them all together...

I imagine doing a search on dreams about doors and windows would bring me articles and posts and forums about doors and windows representing opportunities or feelings of helplessness and fear or my mind trying to figure out a decision I need to make or being in denial about something I don't want to face or psychologically rigging up a self protect system. Whatever. I think it's pointless to overanalyze. Actually kind of reminds me of being in a game, and figuring out what to do in the game is kind of mimicking what I just went through in real life or something. It's my V'Ger way of 3D image mapping my interactive memory storage, perhaps.

Well anyway, today is Black Spot Day in the Whoverse, and here is a little Black Spot cinematic and literary history.

Time to get to work!

Comment

Having a super busy week, but you guys can have a teaser from a longer post with more pix that will be going up hopefully later today on my Lexx blog and facebook. I commissioned this one-off t-shirt artwork, and you can see more of what this guy can do on his facebook at McEwen Airbrush.

I'm running on adrenaline, have to split pretty early today.

Comment

This is where my aspie brain gets me into trouble, because I have a notorious memory for certain kinds of trivia, and for some reason, weird other-dimensional mapping (you'd think of it as conversations) make me a difficult person to tolerate sometimes because it's difficult for me to get past conversational glitches and anomalies. Twitter is like this huge world project for obsessively cataloguing human thought in real time with date and time stamps, a veritable aspie paradise. I may not always remember who said what out of the tens of thousands of tweets I've read, but I'll probably be able to find it again even months later because I can generally remember when I saw it with my eyes and fed it into my brain. So when something like this happens, I'm the one who throws a wrench in the works and looks like a crazy person.

The other morning I cross posted this from a fan page on facebook.

I'm not making this up, it was immediately picked up by Right Now I/O Feed on twitter. That timeline is a continual regurgitation of real time world headlines from all over the twitterverse.

I saw that in my interactions notification and immediately replied directly to that tweet and then had a field day with it.

Later in the morning I quoted it back into my timeline directly from their timeline.

And I'm so glad I did that, because that world headline tweet is GONE now. It was originally sandwiched in between these.

If I'd known that would disappear, I would have screengrabbed my 'news' tweet in their streaming pictorial feed at Right Now I/O website. I'd love to see if it's still actually in there, but I can't get the feed to go back beyond today's event headlines.

The reason this is so funny to me is because Right Now is an automated process, and apparently does a really good job of filtering out the regular chatty yap and spam that twitter is deluged with. Somehow I managed to trick their bot into thinking my cross post was breaking news. From About Right Now I/O-

At any rate, Camelot has been in world news anyway because Merlin was picked up for broadcasting in 80+ countries. In case you haven't seen it yet, this is where it all started.

Comment

So Ellen Dubin got with me on facebook about getting her fans reorganized over to her fanpage.

I realized I needed to change the link I was using in my latest survey on my bluejacky blog. I about fell over when I saw over 3000 hits in less than a week. O_O

I was happy when all I got was 30 hits in a year on a post. Yes, I'm that easy to please. Is it because the survey is about food this time? Is it because I have a Charlie Sheen video in it? It can't be Bradley James again, surely... Someone once told me to stop wasting time doing those surveys and do something useful, presumably meaning useful to them. I never waste my time. Everything I do is useful.

Anyway, Ellen Dubin is all over the place, and I've been keeping track of her fan pages across the internet since way back on myspace and her official website and forum because she played Giggerota in Lexx, although I generally don't get involved. But I seem to be a little involved now, thanx to her twitter. She's a fun actress to follow, very generous with fans (in between super busy spells), and goes from leggy knockout to zombie with incredible ease, just a pleasure in everything I've seen her in, plus great voice work in video games. This is a really good interview- Exclusive: Ellen Dubin - From Zemons to Skyrim

But my fave Ellen part will always be Giggerota the Wicked, one of the arch traitors to His Divine Shadow and bound for execution for pillaging temples and eating priests of the Divine Order. We have very little backstory, but I like to think she was part of biovizier experimentation to create assassins and forced to breed, whereupon she murdered and cannibalized her 'husband' and went on a rampage.

Last edited by Pinky; 05-12-2013, 10:12 PM.

Comment

The countdown is on, travel plans loom, and I wake up from ridiculous dreams about opening up the washing machine to find the agitator has gone missing and my clothes got sucked into a hole where it used to be and now there's a big wet clog of soapy clothes.

There were a couple of years in my life where I actually washed clothes in my bathtub and an ancient wringer washer with a crap wringer because we were so dirt poor. I know all about wringing clothes out by hand till your wrists cramp up and then hanging them up to dry all over any open chair back or fence. Can you believe I really do like doing laundry? I find sorting and folding kind of cathartic. A lot of people hate laundry and let it pile up, dirty on the floors, or heaped on beds or couches. Sometimes a person won't remember whether a basket full of stuff is dirty or clean. That has never happened in my house.

This was my little girl (she has her own baby now), hanging out her dolly clothes and pajamas. We had a washer then, but no dryer for years. I also used laundromats off and on for years.

So the last 20 years I've had a very stable washer and dryer set, once in awhile we do a repair, but overall my laundry life has been pretty smooth. The last time this happened was back in 2008.

So what in the world is up with these dreams now about my washing machine falling apart and my laundry getting clogged up? This is isn't the first one. Every other night I dream a washer overflows or won't fill up or I have to go up a stepladder to load it because it's so huge or the clothes I thought I washed turn out to be someone else's and I have to start all over again. It didn't help at all that in the middle of all my washer nightmares Wil and Anne Wheaton's luggage wound up on a different plane than they did going to the Ottawa comic con, and now I'm so nervous about flying and losing my luggage I can hardly stand it. I remember when I worked a hotel desk and that happened to a few people and it really sucked for them. I already have a plan to send some of my stuff ahead by UPS in an insured box. At least I know there won't be someone pilfering through my things that way. Johnny Depp used to tell a story about how he got home and found vitamin powder all over everything in his luggage because security thought he was smuggling drugs and ripped through his stuff. ~omg, I am so stressed~

I think part of my nervousness is taking my pretty new medical jewelry to a trophy shop to be engraved. I am allergic to so many things now that I carry benadryl, prednisone, and an inhaler in my purse everywhere I go (~omg I hope no one steals my purse~), because not being able to breathe gets a little scary. And I'm super claustrophobic to boot, so I'll have to be sedated to get on the plane. I really really really want to go to Ireland some day (next year???) and not become one of those people who becomes trapped in their house, so this year's trip is practice. Doing a whole lotta laundry in my nightmares...

I hope we all survive me surviving this.

Comment

I have several projects going. This one *might* turn into a coffee table book one day. I have a bit of an obsession with watching the seasons change in the Ozarks.

While I was driving around getting more pix yesterday, I was listening to Craig Chaquico, my fave instrumentalist.

If you like that you can buy it at Amazon.com: Trade Winds: Craig Chaquico: MP3 Downloads

Comment

I am a HUGE Jack Bauer fan. When I heard Jack is coming back next year, I floated right up to my ceiling and stayed there the rest of the day.
                  Fox announces 2013-14 fall schedule, which includes return of Kiefer Sutherland's '24'

The parody accounts were priceless.
                  Renee Walker's Facebook Page! | B-Side Blog

Scott, who wouldn't be caught dead otherwise, bought a 'man purse' because of Jack Bauer.

A hot Jack Bauer fansite went up called Jack Bauer Facts
                  My favorite 'fact'- "If everyone listened to my instructions, it'd be called '12' "
                  (Ha, FOX is actually doing it now.)

I read every single Jack Bauer fact (now over 3600) and laughed my head off, but here is a shortcut link to the most popular.
                  The Best Jack Bauer Facts

Add a random Jack Bauer fact generator to your website!
                  Jack Bauer Random Fact Widget

A LOT of people blogged about Jack Bauer, like this one.
                  Today's Quiz: [Jack Bauer yell] WHO DO YOU WORK FOR!?

I even included Jack's picture in a survivalist post on my own blog.
                  survivalists- end of the world, 2012- mach II

Jack was such a big thing that other countries used him for commercials to help sell their products.
                  24h - Kiefer Sutherland (Japan Commercial 1)

24h - Kiefer Sutherland (Japan Commercial 2)

Jack Bauer on Citro?½n C4 Pallas Tv Comercial

Obsessive fans really did worry about this-
                  Kiefer Sutherland on Taking a Pee in "24"

Fans filmed their own episode parodies and wrote tribute songs.
                  "Hey There Jack Bauer"

"JACK BAUER'S DAY OFF: EPISODE 1"

"24 Jack Bauer DRIVE THRU spoof" (a little over played, but stayed in character)

It got really cute when Arrested Development got in on the parody trend.
                  Arrested Development "24" Spoof "Where's Marwan?"

These are my top two favorite fan tribute music vids-
                  "24 Jack Bauer Holding Out For A Hero"

"Jack's Greatest Hits (fun version)"

AND NOW.... Jack's back!!!!!!

Want to do a little reviewing? There are over 300 vids at
                  24 Series Videos and Promos

Can you top Kiefer Sutherland's score?

"Kiefer Sutherland Quizzed on 24"

Comment

Being a scifi fan is the bomb, if the food you make looks weird, just name it after a tv show. Like I did with this Stargate Pie. I turned it into a meringue tutorial at http://grandfortuna.xanga.com/773325634/stargate-pie/

My brain is scattered getting ready for a couple of big trips, so amuse yourself with the latest viral video loaded just yesterday, "The History of YouTube by The Gregory Brothers (YouTube Comedy Week)"

If you don't know the Gregory Brothers, they zoomed into world fame with these autotune faves.
                    Songify This - Winning - a Song by Charlie Sheen
                    BED INTRUDER SONG!!! (now on iTunes)

See much more epic coolness in their channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/schmoyoho

Comment

Family reunion in 4, 3, 2.... Playing musical cars, packing, for some reason it came to our attention that my passport is missing even though we're only driving to the next state. We're professionals, we ransacked the house *calmly*. Not a big deal right now, main thing is making sure the chickens are set up for water- here's a cute little 15 second vid if you wanna see them trying out the new 5 gallon waterer. http://youtu.be/opQFYcFxq1s

I'm taking my Stargate Atlantis discs with me for a twitter #SGAWT **WATCH PARTY** on Friday, hooray!!!! I'm aspie, I can't tell you how lovely it will be to have a cool excuse to duck out of the fray and back into a hotel room with my homies. I mean, so far it looks like we'll have one, if we don't, maybe I can duck out for a break anyway.

In the meantime, I'm doing all the usual, getting the bills done ahead, whittling the fridge contents down, counting how many pairs of undies I've got... Serious brain drain. I need a motivation vid!

Comment

This weekend already looks pretty huge O_O

There are 3 cons that I'm going to try to watch hashtags on- MCMExpo London, Phoenix Comicon, and Comicpalooza ÔÇô Houston, @ Syfy will be airing part 1 of the big Merlin series finale Friday, I'm hoping to be doing a Stargate Atlantis twitter watch party that same night, AND I'll be in the middle of a family reunion! I can do this! I'm a MerLexxian! My challenge will be doing it all through a limited 4G plan and hotel wifi. *wheeeee*

(That and more cool pix in my original smashing fandoms blog post.)

I won't be doing #FF on twitter this week since I'll be on a highway hoarding my 4G for all of the above. And then next weekend I'll be on another trip hoarding it for other cons and Merlin again. I'll pick back up on that in the middle of June.

Uploaded on Jul 30, 2010 by BJsRealm (477 videos to date, if you'd like to check those out)

"At the San Diego Comic-Con Merlin Panel Colin was asked how the whole "You're the Voice" thing happened..."

Comment

Earth geologic history fascinates me, so driving through the Flint Hills in Kansas the last couple of days was my cup of tea. The coolest thing I saw and didn't get a picture at the time was the Getty Refinery (as it was called in my dad's day) silhouetted against a somber dark cloudy slightly on the edge of orange sky across a somewhat forgotten not quite barren landscape of twisted shrub and ancient broken rocks thrusting up like they were strewn about the fields. It was so much like the 50's-60's depictions of alien worlds with their skinny spired constructions that I vowed to get a picture on the way back.

And near it was one of those big wind farms you see on tv with the super tall gigantic fan blades that take two tractor trailer rigs to haul. Sorry about the distance, you might have to get your nose up to the screen and squint a little.

Here is 14 seconds of the steady wind through that area. The grass moves like waves of water.

Also got 11 seconds of wind with the wind farm in the background, it's a little blurry. http://youtu.be/kRq66T6LzXA

The Missouri Ozarks is a bit perkier, felt good to get back.

I'll nerd out on the 'Amish comiccon' tomorrow, perhaps...

Comment

Nerds around the globe get their geek on nearly every weekend. I watched comiccon hashtags through my twitter feed from London, Houston, and Phoenix while I prowled around America's breadbasket on 1X last weekend. I have a 4G plan, but was lucky to pull 3G as long as I stayed within a mile radius of the only hotel for miles, and beyond that, one tweet in particular took 2 hours to swim its way to a satellite and bounce back. What made this pic for me was that is the same science reader I had in the third grade in New Mexico.

I ditched the reunion for awhile to cruise the teeny streets around Goessel. All the nerds around Marion County are super geeks when it comes to Turkey Red Wheat and how it came here, but probably the coolest thing about it is America's bread basket is grown by mankind's most successful, albeit most subtle rebellion to date. These brainiacs not only found a way to escape wars for centuries, but wound up feeding everyone around them along the way. This hardcore Mennonite group still retains cultural values going back centuries while integrating into modern society with education and jobs all over the United States and beyond.

From Grains - King Arthur Flour

Ok, enough with the history lesson (I'm a foodie, wonder where I get that from...) and on to the good stuff. I won't deluge you with pix from what I dubbed the 'Amish commicon', but you might be interested to know that John Denver is supposed to be in my extended family tree somehow (beyond the strictly limited family reunion I attended), and they sell his stuff at the Mennonite Heritage and Agricultural Museum in Goessel.

At every good con is a Batmobile and a Delorean...

And of course, the fans. Here is 38 seconds of my dad yapping away in the crowd.

For those of you wondering about cameras, that's mostly Amish who refuse to have pictures taken and/or published, but even so, about half the Mennonites in the room were against loading family genealogy info online because of rampant identity theft in today's high tech world. Pretty savvy bunch.

We headed home before the big tractor show, was told I missed some pretty good stuff. Well, they miss some pretty good stuff, too. http://youtu.be/yIQno79JSTk

Comment

Jammin' out real quick while my wallpaper scrolls through the cool stuff.

Like night and day, only a few days ago it was super low tech in wheat fields and dusty roads, in a couple more days it will be Houston metro flying the beltway and skimming through multiple feeds on multiple devices. Can real life get any more scifi?

Watched "Star Trek: Secrets of the Universe" on H2 this week (here is the video). I've spent most of my life feeling so excited about living on the cusp of discovery. We're in a real breakthrough age of mankind, and we either surge forward or collapse back, but either way this kind of human history doesn't come around very often.

Gotta stay focused on packing again. Jam with me.

And if you need more tech meth for your Zachary mood, this is the cutest vid I've ever seen. (I think I just invented the phrase "tech meth", I'm not finding it in searches. Feel free to use it. Word.) Petsami Presents: "Dog Eat Dog" starring Zachary Quinto

Comment

I'm in a gorgeous LaQuinta Inn this week, lotta perks, best hotel bed I've ever slept in, get pix of the awesome fish tanks later. Scott is downstairs loading up his breakfast while I cook my eggs here in the room. You can see my allergy bracelets there, alas. But I was wise and sent my cute little Jetsons style egg poacher ahead in a box!

Took a LOT to get me back onto a plane after the crazy flights I've been on over a couple of mountain ranges some years ago, but there's a lot of fuss being made over this little guy...

Grampa Scott was rewarded for coming with homemade coconut cream pie! Look, meringue! And it's prettier than mine!!!! (She actually followed my meringue recipe for Stargate Pie, crack me up.)

Gonna prowl a few streets today, hold a baby a lot, sift out some plans, and hopefully be slinging out some cool stuff from the Gulf area. Something about penguins.

I canNOT wait to see this!

Comment

Working...
                                X