Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinky
    replied
    Getting ready to travel later. New neck sling for my phone and cool allergy bracelets.

I haven't been on a plane in years. People who fly all the time would probably laugh at me. To which I retort back Betcha haven't been in a single engine plane on an illegal flight path over the mountains around Flagstaff... The neverending urp in that crazy turbulence was so bad that when it became clear we'd probably never make it home, I didn't *CARE*, as long as someone could make it ~STOP~. I will probably medicate myself thoroughly this time.

My fave ever tv show sequence to that song is on s7 ep2 of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia "The Gang Goes to the Jersey Shore" Alas, the second that clip hits youtube it gets taken down, but the show is worth spending a little money on, especially for that episode.

Leave a comment:

• Pinky
    replied
    myke! Hello!

Leave a comment:

• myke
    replied
    love the T's, and the fan story's. Looking forward to reading your review as always. I might have to pick up one of those Lexx T's for my collection.

Leave a comment:

• Pinky
    replied
    Saved back a little dough, time to freshen up the wardrobe. First order of business is replace my most favoritest ever Buckaroo Banzai tee that I wore nearly to rags. I don't get a lot of comments on this shirt, but when other cult fans do recognize it, they gush on and on about the first time they saw this in the theater. Really??? I am so fantastically jealous of anyone who saw this in a theater. It's the who's who of great scifi actors before we knew who they are, still in their young hottie primes. Click the shirt if you want one, too.

The only other t-shirt that ever got me more crazy fan attention than that one was this one from the Disney store in Branson. This actually happened. I walked into a Cheddar's restaurant and the cute usher who scheduled seating fangirled all over me like my t-shirt itself was Johnny Depp, and I kid you not, she knelt down like she was going to hug and kiss Captain Sparrow right there on my stomach. I took a step back to avoid it, she came that close. Jaws dropped all around us. I wore that shirt to rags too, till all you could make out were eyes looking at you.

And I found a couple more Lexx tees, these pix are from 2 different stores online, click to go.

This is the kind of movie that should be on your bucket list, if you haven't seen it yet. I'm supposed to write a review for it to go up at Nerd Movie. I better get on that.

I can put only one video here, but click this next link and notice who wore the bow tie before they were EVER cool...

http://youtu.be/0gNJ1z-ulB4

Leave a comment:

• Pinky
    replied
    That big rolling line of clouds is coming right at us.

And because I accidentally left the laptop running without plugging in earlier, now I have to fold up shop and just go do some chores around the house while I wait out the big lightning dancing all around my house. Sorry about that. Love you guys. I'll let Bradley take it today.

Leave a comment:

• Pinky
    replied
    So, Bradley sightings in California last week. From http://merlin-network.livejournal.com/477315.html

And then there was that skydiving picture last month. From http://bluemoonlight.tumblr.com/post...-in-california

Dare we hope Bradley got work in the States?

I'm doing secret stuff today myself.

Leave a comment:

• Pinky
    replied
    About once a year on one of my variety of blogs I talk about dog ownership. This year it is here. I live in a puppy mill state. Missouri is also big for other pet mills, too, like cats and chickens and stuff, but this is about dogs.

I live in a *nice* neighborhood, away from the city, but still a subdivision winding along a thickly wooded rocky bluff in the Ozark mountains. People spend a lot of money to move out here- lawyers, doctors, even a retired police officer lives up the street. They build nice homes and drive nice cars and bring their fancy expensive dogs. I have nothing against purebred dogs. They are beautiful.

I grew up with big dogs on a 200 acre farm. A neighbor's big dog (German Shepherd) once tore the flank out of one of our milk goats as it chased a valuable purebred milking flock around in a frenzied madness. My dad saw it happen. The neighbor refused to believe his dog could do such a thing. Shame he wouldn't come over and at least look at the bloody mess she was with a gaping hole in her hip. She lived, but ever after that her milk was no good and she walked with a limp. My own dogs have killed chickens after spending many peaceful months or years around them. It's hard to believe your own pet can be capable of such carnage. It's hard to remember that dogs' brains are wired to hunt, and if not trained to do so for food, will do it for sport. (Chickens are like video games to dogs, so people who get angry and want to kill their dog for killing their chickens are kinda stupider than the dog if they don't learn from that.) It's difficult to understand that your wonderful dog that never hurt anyone in his life can rip a child's face off or tear open an old lady's arm out of the blue one day. Or gang up and kill someone else's cute little dog. They don't see the world the same way we do, and they don't pick up on a human moral code just by being around us.

I'm not going to get into the politics of dogs. Just saying that when you move a dog out into an environment where you think you can let it run free, instincts start coming forward that you might never see, because you are in your house enjoying some spring cleaning and whatnot while your dog is two miles down the road terrorizing someone else's child or pets or tearing up property.

Yesterday a kid started screaming while I was inside my house working on my laptop. That's a horrible sound to hear. Don't worry, the kid is fine. But this happens every little bit, kids riding their bikes past, or walking up to the pool, and there you go, big dog in their face, and it's terrifying. Since my own dog (part collie) once mistook me in the dark for a stranger when I accidentally woke him and he bore me to the ground and ripped my leather coat, I'm sure ANY dog can react with surprise at ANY time and do something regrettable. (That was many years ago at a different house, I haven't owned a dog in about 15 years.)

Ever since spring popped, my neighbors have been letting their dogs out. Every day I see a succession of visiting dogs trot through my yard, around my house, around my chicken pen, in the neighbor's garden, etc. They do this every day roughly about the same time. One dog is a heavy thick furred scruffy thing a little higher than my knees. Another pair that always travels together is a black lab and a big yellow short hair with really long legs. Another one is a German Shepherd. Another one is a great big Pyrenese. I used to see a Rhodesian Ridgeback, but I think it got too old to come by. One guy that lives a mile away walks 5 Corgis by my house. A blind guy two doors up walks a little dog that I never see without him. Another black dog shows up sometimes, his owner is a Razorback fan by the looks of his mailbox. A couple up the road had a couple of beagle crosses that used to come over every day and terrorize my chickens till they completely stopped laying, until I put video on youtube and left him a note saying I could make his dogs famous. That abruptly stopped. I could go on and on, like the one that looks like a Mastiff, or the Bloodhound, Cocker Spaniel, Husky, etc etc etc. If you could see how far apart the houses are here you'd wonder how in the world I see so many dogs in my yard every day. The ONLY dogs I never see in my yard are the Dobermans across the street. They are professionally trained and always fenced or leashed. When that kid screamed yesterday, the owner immediately got her dogs onto leashes and walked them up and down the street training them to ignore it until everything settled down.

I think the thing that amazes me most is how much my neighbors spend on their pets and then let them roam around like it's no big deal. I've seen $1600 dogs trot past my house many times without an owner in sight. I live in a state that is having difficulty keeping underground dog fighting under control DOG FIGHTING RINGS FILL SHELTERS & IMPACT ECONOMY, and a LOT of people own pit bull type dogs. There is one next door, actually. That neighbor has kept a pitbull hybrid of some kind off and on for many years, and the poor dogs are rarely exercised or even interacted with in a kind way. Is it any wonder that one day their big pit bull managed to yank off what looked like a logging chain and went straight for a puppy in a girl's arms as she was walking by? Who wouldn't scream with a big dog bounding full speed at you to get to the pet in your arms? I know it wasn't mentioned to the police that the original owner had trained it to kill kittens when it was younger. That person now owns a LOT of cats. And a few dogs. Loves them all. But I was the one living next door to his first dog until it finally died. We used to sneak food over to it because it was so skinny, and sometimes take straw over in the winter because it had no other shelter besides a plain doghouse without any insulation. In a nice neighborhood.

Lately, this dog has showed up around my house.

I got that video yesterday. Isn't that sad? Someone dumped this dog off, assuming that someone wonderful in this nice neighborhood would take it in, because we have so many nice dogs running around. No one cares. While Missouri encourages the killing of feral cats, there are laws against killing dogs (especially with a collar on), even out here in the woods where rabies and other diseases and parasites are prevalent. I've tried taking dogs into shelters, but they are so full around here that there was a mandatory $25 drop off fee a few years ago, might be higher now. Simply dropping a dog off anonymously near a shelter can get a person fined. There are so many dogs, even purebred dogs, in shelters that can barely afford to take care of the dogs themselves that volunteers spend their paychecks on dog food to bring in and feed the dogs. These dogs sit in cages for long periods of time or even the rest of their lives because no one wants them.

Dogs can be wonderful companions. Dogs can also be scary when owners think how nice they're being to dogs by letting them run around the woods and fields. ~squeeee~ We don't live on farms here, most of the neighbors own 2-4 acres, and dogs will range up to 5 miles in a short time. I'm not sure what these people think goes on in their dogs' heads, but I know what they do in my yard and around my house. They pee all over my tools, buckets, whatever equipment I have out. They throw themselves against my chicken pen until I think the door is going to snap in half, and my chickens nearly destroy themselves freaking out. They knock things over and trample stuff in the garden. They scare away the local wildlife that I moved out here to be part of. They ruin deer season and terrorize little kids. They trot right up to my house like they live here, and one dog even thought I was inviting it in when I opened the door to tell it to go home.

Think of it like this- nice guys who work in offices like tearing up the town bar hopping once in awhile, right? Well, if humans have the urge to 'go wild', what do you think dogs have after being cooped up in a house or yard for months?

I have toyed with the idea of making my place the coolest hangout along the ridge and getting all the dogs to come here and never go home. Wouldn't it spite the neighbors to see me sitting on my deck surrounded by all their dogs on a lazy summer day. It would look ridiculous. But seriously, all I would have to do is get the grill going and accidentally drop a little meat on the ground once in awhile. Wouldn't be long till my yard looked like a dog zoo. Would be easier if I just slaughtered my chickens and strewed them around the yard, less stress and bitterness.

For those of you questioning leash laws or neighborhood coventry 'laws' or whatnot, no such luck. There is NOTHING legal I can do about this unless I call the police, and by the time they get here the dog is long gone. We even asked about restraining a stray dog and calling the neighbor to come get it, can't do that. Dogs are like ambassadors from other countries, exempt from the law. They aren't citizens that can be held responsible, the owners aren't taxed on them like property, and unless you have proof that the dog actually hurt someone or caused significant damage to property, there is no recourse for continually being harassed by the neighbors' dogs.

I'm biding my time. Might have the opportunity to make someone's dogs famous on youtube.
    Last edited by Pinky; 04-21-2013, 10:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pinky
    replied
    Yesterday was so long, my head is just mush today. But does that mean I can't work? NO! Because "quitters never win, and winners never quit!" I just quoted a line from one of my all-time top fave Saturday morning shows, The Kids From C.A.P.E.R. That was Doomsday yelling at Smiling Syd in "The Terrible Tollman". My sister had wits enough about her to hold a cheap audio tape recorder up the TV while the show aired every week, and we still have nearly every episode on tape and listen to them once in awhile. I also own the music album. Jealous much?

This is one show that has nearly been lost forever, except for really super uber obsessive dedicated fans who have devoted their lives to getting this show released. The C.A.P.E.R. Project If you'd like to see more, here are a few more links.
    The History and Actors of The Kids from C.A.P.E.R. | TIME.com
    The Kids from C.A.P.E.R. (TV Series 1976– ) - IMDb
    Kids From C.A.P.E.R. - TV.com
    The Kids From C.A.P.E.R.: Old Memories
    The Kids from C.A.P.E.R.

Not sure how in the world other fans got their hands on actual video, but the Kids from C.A.P.E.R. are showing up on youtube now, at long last. Here is the first part of my very fave episode, "Phantom of the Drive-In"

See what other eps are up!
    Kids from CAPER - YouTube
    Last edited by Pinky; 04-20-2013, 07:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pinky
    replied
    Me & Scott many runnings around town doing stuffs very long day but I dressed like a gurlz & he sez I look cute. And I'm stalling in lol cat heaven #itstheaspieway

Scott is bugging me, it's time to go.

Leave a comment:

• Pinky
    replied
    Yesterday I kept thinking it was Tuesday all day, and I somehow kept thinking today would be Friday, so when Scott called me up and said he was taking a vacation day, I was all *duh*, you're off on Friday anyway, so he had to spell it out, I saw my dorkness and went woot, 4-day weekend! So today I woke up and he's home and I automatically thought it's Friday and completely forgot about another appointment because of that, even though I KNOW we are having a big day out tomorrow *Friday* getting stuff done, so he wound up driving me in at the last minute in nasty weather while I slapped my forehead, but thankfully that saved my ~*~Thursday~*~.

Undaunted, I came home and immediately started thinking tomorrow is Saturday...

I blame my awesome 2013 Merlin calendar. They're running the days up and down one side in only two rows, it's completely throwing me off.

But at least I'm back on track and multitasking like Eoin's Maltese is after me. Who is Eoin? He's this terrible ugly little man who keeps soliciting people for money so he can warp their souls with his projects.

Actually, he's a knockout and a sweetie and really cool with the fans on twitter and you can see way more of him on Terri's pinterest. And who knows, maybe someday I can talk him into coming onto a Lexx project.

Leave a comment:

• Pinky
    replied
    I got a little dressed up for something, and omg I so suck at selfies. I think this is why I can't play guitar, either, I can't hang onto my phone for beans. If I weren't so allergic to makeup and hair products I could probably at least look cute. I could pretend like I have a cat and blame the cat, but you all know I don't have one.

It's kind of a Bradley day, psyching up to get out the door. Sometimes I have to throw part of my brain out into the yard so I'll follow it out. Just one of those days.

Leave a comment:

• Pinky
    replied
    Super busy today.

My head music while I work. I'm actually listening to the full length version, but it's more fun to see Bradley. This is the guy I'd love to see play arch heretic Thodin if there is ever a Lexx backstory done.

And I'm actually not a stalker, I really suck at that kind of stuff because I'm way too busy, but I do love that song. Here is Thodin, you're probably wondering if you haven't seen I Worship His Shadow.

Leave a comment:

• Pinky
    replied
    I woke up in shock. I'd spent the last hour in my deep sleep lost in a huge building packed with people. Never could figure out if it was a medical clinic, a mall, or an airport. There was a book signing while a nurse called people's names, a kid's costume party while kids were getting shots, someone that knew me that I couldn't recognize laughing because I just remembered I'd forgotten to take a pill for a month that I didn't know I was supposed to be taking. Tried to text Scott but the 'send to' kept winding up like "Barry". Noticed through my frustration that I'd missed his call by a couple of hours, crap, had the sound muted! >=( Kept pushing my way through people, completely lost, feeling upset, when a cop stopped me and asked if I'd like him to call me a cab because I realized I was blocks away from where Scott had parked the car. Then I was out on a dark street behind a trash truck, still walking.

Meanwhile, Scott was trying to park the car. (This is his dream now, we compared dreams this morning.) He noticed the parking lot had emptied out and wanted to move the car closer, because it was acres away, but after he finally reached the car and got in, the parking lot turned to sand and moving it closer got hard. Then it turned into a outdoor cafe, so he got out and carried the car so it would fit between the tables. He spent hours negotiating the car through all kinds of changing environments, frustrated that all he'd wanted to do was move the car real quick before he turned in the hotel keys. He remembered the he should call me and suddenly his parents appeared, they'd just left their keys in their room, which upset Scott even more because he realized he'd left our keys in the room, too, and he'd wanted to drop them by the desk.

So we got up, stumbling around getting coffee, and I noticed my laptop was closed. I never close the laptop. He couldn't find a registration letter all set to go in the mail, looked all over and found it in a sack he was going to take to recycling. We laughed and accused each other of sleep walking and doing weird things in our sleep. No issues were resolved.

And that is how I start my Monday, already exhausted at 4:30 a.m. Not helping that I have an appointment for cleaning my teeth first thing this morning. Seriously outa whack in my head. Obviously had stress dreams. We have to travel soon. I have Aspergers and feel 'lost' when I'm out of my routine. The rest of mine could be twitter. Then Scott's parents are old, we live next door, he's constantly taking care of something, speaks for itself.

Today's head music is all about regaining my balance.

If you liked that, here's a list of more by Hilary Stagg.

Leave a comment:

• Pinky
    replied
    Scott is frustrated that he hasn't seen a hummingbird yet to tag onto the map. Hummingbird Migration Maps My sister watches The Missouri Black Bear Project. Me, I usually just check the pollen counts... National Allergy Forecast & Information About Allergies | Pollen.com Or space weather. SpaceWeather- News about meteor showers, solar flares, auroras, & asteroids

Was hoping this would be a real fractal animation, but it turns out to be awesome work music, so here you go.

If you want to see a good fractal animation, pop these open, they're pretty awesome. (I'm allowed one youtube per post.) Actually, I don't get any work done at all watching those, but they're great for brain breaks, like a palate cleanser for thought. I've never had writer's block, by the way. Try these. *mind blowwwn* Caution- if you've never done fractal animations set to cool music before, you're gonna feel weird. It's ok, you're not being brainwashed, you won't have seizures. Float into it like a beautiful nirvana experience. Your brain will thank you.
    http://youtu.be/34zPvmNXTYQ
    http://youtu.be/BTiZD7p_oTc

You know what? Here's a list. Have a fabulous weekend. (I just saved you thousands in vacation and therapy costs.)
    fractals animation - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• Pinky
    replied
    You know how people get involved in reading 5 books at the same time? I'm writing 5 books at the same time. I know, my head is like *wo*.

Ok, I just google searched "lolcat acid trip" and got some really cool stuff and a SPIDER. What the crap?! You people and your stupid spiders.
    http://search.aol.com/aol/image?q=lo..._it=searchtabs

Of course, that opening front page might change over time, so if you go there later and there's no spider, thank goodness, huh?

I've actually never done acid. I've never needed to. My head tends to blow people away anyway (not necessarily a good thing), imagine living in it. Whoever memed Party Spock is a genius.

My biggest bane right now is allergies. I live in the woods, it's a plethora of tree sex molecules out there, Scott comes in coated with the stuff from the yard work he's doing, and we go into sneezing fits with the windows closed during allergy season, as is recommended. I try to make him strip at the door, but that major fails when he's not sweaty enough to want to do that yet, so no amount of benadryl and closing windows is going to stop the pollen from literally sitting on my couch.

So between all the benadryl and sneezing and earballs popping and oozy stuff in my head, I get my coolest ideas EVER and start writing like a maniac...

My work music starting off my day. (I burned through 4 Weird Al CDs yesterday.) (Yes, I sang the whole time. I have all of them memorized.) (Yes, I can do that and write at the same time.)

You guys have a rockin weekend, too, ok?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X