Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinky
    replied
    Some days I need serious distraction. Seriously. Like this week's last full torso ASTYM treatment- back, shoulder, neck right up to my skull, upper arms, and chest including lower neck muscles. Roughest one yet, left a little bruising again, and I don't think I slept more than 3 hours last night in tiny batches. I have trained my brain not to want to kill people on days like this. The hard part is I can't just sit and watch tv or play on the laptop, I have to keep moving or hopefully sleep some more. You know, in case you wonder why I spent an hour or two cross tweeting funny stuff from facebook in the middle of the night, that's me on the droid not whining.

I know this is sappy, but today is a big hug for all the people on the internet just getting through their days, hanging onto whatever stuff gets you through. And a big thanx to the ones out there creating distraction. You rock.

And if you are bored and want more, there are a LOT of links in my Colin Morgan Survey. You're welcome.

Yeah, yeah, other people who aren't Colin fans, here's breaking gossip or news or whatever. We're going to be looking into what it takes to get a kickstarter account going after tax season is over. No promises, not sure when or how, but this is something a number of us really really want, and someone's gotta do the grunt work. Feel free to encourage me.

Leave a comment:

• Pinky
    replied
    So the troll thing wasn't about me, rats. Just someone mass emailing hijacked doctored posts from a fake blog. But should I feel worthy of making it onto the recipient list? Could that be a warning to recipients that we're next?

That was actually the chick getting trolled. I like her, she's cool.

But not as cool as me.

This is the closest I've ever come to watching anything Twilight related.

The Dogby part is my favorite. Ok, I can't bring myself to watch ANYTHING Twilight related, even from Hillywood. I refuse to apologize for that.

Leave a comment:

• Pinky
    replied
    At an in between spot where I can kill a little time. I get a little too involved with art on office walls. This one sucked me in several different times and I finally decided the ones I liked best all had blue in them. I guess I'm shallow that way.

This one annoyed me to no end, and I finally realized one day that it's actually quite beautiful if I can just let go of the idea that tree branches don't all sprout from one apex. (aspie fail, sorry)

I was obsessed with drawing horses as a kid, but I always have to point the head the other way. Look, a blue horse!

I love the illusion of light and the feeling of wind flowing together from a solid figure. And the horse is good. And I like the colors.

Leave a comment:

• Pinky
    replied
    It's not unusual for me to herx the first 24-48 hours on antibiotic. I used to let that depress me, now I think it would be awesome to put HERX on a t-shirt. Oh, wait. I see someone did. You can click on the shirt to see more if I get this coded right. If not, you can see them at http://www.cafepress.com/lymietees03

Sometimes being a little goofy is the best time to work, and I'm punching it up with a snazzy little ditty- imagine storm troopers being your white blood cells, right?

Leave a comment:

• Pinky
    replied
    I have joined the ranks of the ear infected all over twitter and picked up antibiotic this morning. I waited till the stabbing pains melted my brain and the entire left side of my head went numb, but decided maybe I'd like to be able to ~hear~, so finally made the phone call. I am NOT a phone person. It's kind of the aspie way.

Got all excited about a secret alert email showing up out of the blue this morning about a big bad troll recruitment on Xanga, where my grandfortuna (Lexx) and bluejacky blogs are, but I can't tell if it's a heads up or someone wanting me to join the ranks. Crossing my phalanges I get trolled. If the big kids wanna pick on me, that means I'm ~cool~, man. I got bombed by Xanga staff last fall and it was awesome. But... really shouldn't hold my breath. Might have been a mistake, maybe I was part of some group list and it's nothing personal either way and I'm just another body to them. I feel like Schrodinger's cat, my Monday could be awesome or it could be just another Monday.

This is a vid rescue. It originally came from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuHuNmgNb_M and has screeched horribly for years, not sure if it was abandoned or what. I finally just grabbed a download to see if it would take the screech out, and viola, it worked, so here's the upload. All kudos go to KOBATV on youtube. Now, back to work while I listen!

Leave a comment:

• Pinky
    replied
    I've got to be psychic or something.

Yesterday morning I was going to lounge around and just enjoy the day. I swear I actually thought "No, I'm not going to wash my hair, it's not like I'm going to wind up in an ER or someplace"... Guess where I wound up. YES.

Gram is ok, thank goodness. An abrupt slide down a pond bank during an impromptu fishing trip only badly sprained her ankle, so I'll be cooking a little extra this week.

I can't help noticing that *every* time I think "it's ok, it's not like I'm going to wind up in urgent care or the hospital" or something similar, I actually DO, and I always regret that I didn't wash my hair or put on clean clothes, or even change out of my pajamas. I used to think the cosmos was targeting me until someone pointed out that I might actually be able to see the future and I'm just arguing with myself that it won't come true because I don't want it to. Not sure I'm going to take that seriously, but it's getting a bit uncanny.

Vid I'm enjoying at the moment while I work.

Leave a comment:

• Pinky
    started a topic Pinky Stuff

Pinky Stuff

Originally filmed in 2007, me & Scott road trippin thru Hot Springs, Arkansas

Working...
X