LEXX- The Dark Zone Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEXX- The Dark Zone Stories

"I am the Lexx. I am the most powerful weapon of destruction in the two universes. I was grown on the Cluster, which is ruled by His Shadow. The food was good there. My captain is Stanley Tweedle. I blow up planets for him."

790: You're wasting your energy attempting to force my cooperation.
    I have no sense of self-preservation and I can always be reassembled.

I sometimes do spontaneous Lexx watches with fans in the old chatbox at http://www.syfydesigns.com/misc.php?do=cchatbox
    It's easy for me to do that since I own all the shows. If you are a Lexx fan and want someone to hang with while you watch an ep or two of Lexx, let me know on twitter and we can synch up.

Comment

I'm not especially coherent to live stats, which lends to a few what-the-crap moments, but I'm noticing that the other Lexx thread at

about watch parties has over 500 views on it, which *dang* I know wasn't all me and Myke, so if this is any kind of indicator, I'd say there's a little bit of interest out there in Lexx.

I have a Lexx nerd blog at http://grandfortuna.xanga.com/767742511/the-lexx/ that is sorta just a weird obsessed kind of hobby.

I hadn't really thought about forums and chats when I started doing that again. I assumed all that stuff was in the past and no one really cared about Lexx any more. Guess I'm wrong.

There are all kinds of reasons to lurk. I like lurkers. I know there are other Lexx forums out there, they've been awesome and cool in their time, and I'm not interested at all in rebuilding anything like that. I especially don't feel like going through the drudgery of competition, I think it's stupid. This isn't my forum anyway, I certainly don't want the Lexx to take it over. I'm into all kinds of scifi, have been labeled a Super Nerd, and I've hung out with fans all over the planet in a variety of ways. But when I sift it all out, I'm just really really good at Lexx. I'm not the best, and I'm not one of the original Lexx fan site creators, but I am a fan, and I think Lexx is a show worth being a fan over.

I didn't originally intend to keep up with current events, just to do a film study on my blog. But I find myself being swept up in a fun and very awesome river of current event people on twitter, so I'm going with it, white water rafting my Lexx with the big kids, as it were. If you want in on the ride, *awesome*, jump in and let's go. If you just wanna keep lurking, I'm cool with that, I have lurked for many years on many sites myself.

If things go the way Myke would like, we'll eventually have to schedule out our watch parties and share the chat rooms. Right now there are two chat rooms, the new Twitter Chat (tabbed in the menu at the top) and the old chatbox at

For the time being, I'm able to snag either chat nearly on a moment's notice, and I think Myke is going to be experimenting with another kind of chat host this spring. We've been using Lexx watches to experiment with. Lexx is a little more difficult to synchronize since fans don't usually own it and have to download or set up a stream first (I can provide links), so the watch parties have been pretty small and mostly unadvertised. It's been kinda funny to drag noobs in for a baptism of fire with Lexx, very unorthodox if a person's not used to that kind of show.

So. Lexx. Real. Alive. The fans are still lurking around, wanting more Lexx. Don't point to dead boards elsewhere and tell me nobody cares about Lexx any more.

Comment

'Dare' Lexx Sex Survey

You know, when I first did this one night to pass some time through a particularly bad headache, I had no idea how fast it would sweep thru search engines, so I'm kinda surprised to see this post at http://bluejacky.xanga.com/769751796...xx-sex-survey/ has already got over 700 hits on it from countries around the world. You know what this tells me? Time to get serious about Lexxing again. Time to get in gear and have fun with Lexx in a forum. Time to have a Lexx party. Time to say "Hello, Lexx fans, howzit going?"

Comment

If the Lexx is the size of Manhattan, then this is how tall it would be if it stood up on its tail (click thumbnail to see it bigger). More at http://grandfortuna.xanga.com/771872...g-is-the-lexx/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Felix-Baumgartner-007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	1662

Comment

There's a new scifi movie/tv library going up, I contributed copy for Lexx. http://nerdmovie.ca/?p=78
            I think they might be taking contribution copy over there, if you have a fave movie or show and can write well, looks the links over.

Comment

This happened on my twitter today. http://twitter.com/pinkyguerrero

Here, let me make the pic attachment in that second tweet easier to see.

Comment

I wrote a sort of long post about Why Lexx Is Personal at http://grandfortuna.xanga.com/772257...x-is-personal/

It all started when someone asked me on twitter what my fave Lexx episode is, which is Terminal.

Last edited by Pinky; 04-09-2013, 09:39 PM.

Comment

I was named honorary "Snarkalec" several weeks ago and temporarily added to one of their member twitter lists after I hacked their logo onto Kai and joined in a live tweet Syfy watch party. Although I'm not an official member, here are a few links that are fun to check out.

Snarkalecs | Wix.com

This entry can also be found at The Dead Do Not Snark

Comment

Experimenting with controls... This should pop up to full size when you click it.

Name:	LexxoverToronto.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	1679

Well, ok, close. This one is straight from my image hosting, it got sized down a little during the upload.

I realize now, years after I made it, that the Lexx should look as big as the city, but oh well. Maybe it's still back in the distance... about to fire apparently, egads.

I really don't know what to do with these numbers, because I've never had this kind of traffic before. On my post the making of Lexx, there have been over 7600 hits in 20 days. Funny this tiny thing got super thumbnailed, so you have to click it.

Name:	statslexxmaking4-13-13.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	1678

Apparently people are INTERESTED, even though I'm not getting much in the way of comments. And people keep checking this forum, too, we can see world traffic here. Are people interested ~enough~ to want more? To become involved as fans in the production itself of a continuation, or spinoff? If a kickstarter account gets set up, IF enough money is raised to start preproduction, if you get to see updates from the production team itself as it is happening, will that be cool? Because that's how it's done nowadays. The Lexx Revival Project

Comment

Blast from the past. One of the original art rescues from an old crashed hard drive. Before this, all I could do was scan an old business card.

I'm not a sanctioned or official anything, just a fan blogger. But my card seems to impress the sort of people who run comic book collector kinds of stores. I recently had my local guy wipe out the Lexx inventory in one of their Texas stores. I'm hoping to build up a stash of fun stuff to hand out to fans around the world as my blog keeps growing.

I started a Lexx film study out of a need for occasional distraction from real life, when my regular writing work doesn't cut it. I had no idea it would become so popular, mostly expected to get maybe 10 hits per post over a lengthy period of time, because seriously, who Lexxes any more, right? Um, apparently there are a few fans out there jumping up and down, because I keep getting blown away by the continued interest in what I'm doing with Lexx on my blog. My intention is to eventually host the largest Lexx film study in the history of the internet, with a complete inventory of screen grabs (I'd love for fans to jump in with their two cents), figure it could take a few years, but it's something I'm NOT going to stop doing. I seem to need this, it's a relaxing hobby for me, and even if no one ever looked at my stuff ever again, I'd still do it because I really really like doing it. I know, I've stalled out lately, but real life got a little too overwhelming. I'm about past that part now, and getting ready to rock out part 10 on my current film study of I Worship His Shadow. I'll be spending this week doing the grunt work, formatting, etc.

If you'd like to check out my Lexx film study (and comment!), check my Lexx Index for updates.

Comment

My Lexx film study screen grabs are in public hosting at http://photobucket.com/LexxPix

"Lexx, the Dark Zone, scifi. Laptop screencaps used in not for profit blog episode and character reviews and film study at http://grandfortuna.xanga.com Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use." "

I'm ok with hotlinking. I've made the link codes available, so you can click on the pic you like and copy the link codes. There is also a slideshow link, but this folder is huge, at current around 500 pix and still growing, so it will probably bog your site down real bad if you install it. My screen grabs are sized to fit more easily into blog posts, and there is also a link option for thumbnails. I chose NOT to do full sized screen grabs because then I'd have to load both sizes, extra work, doubles up on my storage real fast.

The intention of the screen grabs is to be able to discuss the set designs, costuming, lighting, and various other peculiarities to Lexx. While many fansites concentrate on core actor stills and space shots with the Lexx in it, I am trying to log background sets and all other actors as well. An example of film study through screen grabs is in my post Part 7- Termination, with screen grabs like this one, where the set itself almost becomes its own character and establishes a tone that speaks far more than the actors do.

Last edited by Pinky; 03-15-2014, 10:07 AM.

Comment

The coolest Lexx t-shirt in the world. See full article on my Lexx blog at http://grandfortuna.xanga.com/773226...-in-the-world/

Comment

This is why I still think Bradley James would be a good Thodin if there are ever any Lexx remakes or back stories.

Comment

We ready to rock Lexx again? It's been a little over a year since my last film study post. I've started work on part 10 this week. The post is already public, but it's a work in progress.

I've had to heavily moderate comments on my Lexx blog because a post linking back to an Ellen Dubin interview encourages swarms of parasitic pingbacks and I've deleted several thousand spams since that post went up. Comments are now set to shut off after ten days, and that all suddenly stopped, thank goodness. I'm sorry I have to forego newbs stumbling onto my Lexx blog and not being able to leave immediate feedback on what they read, hoping in future to set up a disqus or some other kind of hosted feedback.

Photobucket is letting me beta test a new hashtag feature that allows Lexx fans to share their Lexx graphics from twitter, instagram, and photobucket accounts directly to a shared album on my photobucket by using the hashtag #pblexxpix. You can see more info on this on my Lexx page on Google+.

Reminder that I am in no way compensated for linking and sharing on my Lexx blog, and I will never ask for or accept donations to keep it open to the public. I pay for my own hosting and bandwidth. Lexx fans have permission to translate and copy my material to other fan sites and hotlink images. Janika Banks is verified through pinterest, tumblr, Google+, and gravitar on wordpress.

Comment

Working...
                              X