Watch an Episode of LEXX, what one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch an Episode of LEXX, what one?

Looks like this should be a go, at least 4 of us so far are excited about this event.

Count down clock has been removed for this event, to be restarted again at a later date.

<s>@</s>PinkyGuerrero <s>@</s>ekym <s>@</s>hwilson2009 <s>@</s>sfseriesmovies <s>@</s>StarFly_Holly

This is just an idea to see if there is any interest in watching an episode of LEXX as a group while exchanging tweets. A tweet party

So far 4 people are interested in tiring it with an episode of LEXX at some point in the near future, possibly 1-12-2013

@SFSeriesMovies owner of the http://www.sfseriesandmovies.com/ website and <s>@</s>PinkyGuerreroowner of the http://bluejacky.xanga.com/website plus @ekym me may be promoting the event on these site's.
    I Worship His Shadow
    42.86%
    Eating Pattern
    0.00%
    Super Nova
    42.86%
    End of the Universe
    14.29%

The poll is expired.

I'm in! @pinkyguerrero Lexx nerd blog at grandfortuna.xanga.com
    After sifting through millions of tweets for anything Lexx related to the show, I can tell you that the biggest challenge with a Lexx tweet party will be that we need to have a very specific hashtag because so many people around the world use Lexx as names, nicknames, user names, and many derivations and puns around it, plus there is a big club called Lexx, a famous stripper named Lexx, a music artist named Lexx, and another business that I've seen named Lexx. The word "Lexx" has one of the heaviest hashtag feeds I've ever seen.

I'd like to promo this idea on my Lexx blog. Not everyone would have to have a twitter account, if they wanted to watch the chat live, fans could still link over to the hashtag feed and literally watch us all yapping away. I can also promo this on the Lil Lexx message board, but we'd need a little more time since the fandom is so scattered and the Lexx boards have kind of gotten sleepy. I could probably get fans from Russia, UK, Belgium, Germany, all over the U.S. and Canada, can't say they'd all be there, but once they know it happens they might start showing up.

Do you want to run a trial tweet party to see how it goes? I've been doing Merlin tweet parties while I livestream from the UK, and now the US, so my Fridays are taken this season. That is a hard fast fandom, so I've got a little experience and practice under my belt. How big was your SG party? A small group could mean anything. I have live tweeted with hundreds at a time, they were very good at funneling and creating trends, it was awesome. Would be super cool if we could build up enough interest over time to actually trend #LexxWatch or whatever we use.

Sorry so wordy, this is very exciting. -pinky
    790: You're wasting your energy attempting to force my cooperation.
    I have no sense of self-preservation and I can always be reassembled.

Comment

thanks for the reply, Looks like some good insight there about some potential pitfall's to make sure we avoid. I have these people who have said they are interested so far,

<s>@</s>hwilson2009<s>@</s>danlarock <s>@</s>ekym <s>@</s>pinkyguerrero <s>@</s>sfseriesmovies

Our poll is not off to a great start, 3 way tie at this point. lol

You can check out some of the thread about the #SGARising event here http://www.syfydesigns.com/showthrea...nt-8-00-pm-CST

Comment

Made a post, maybe we'll get a stray or two with short notice.

Next time we do this, or if we schedule more regularly, give me the time to push it and we might get a little rowdy.

Just fixed a couple link flaws there, hope you missed it, ha.
        Last edited by Pinky; 01-05-2013, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Hey, quick stuff here. Do you mean Giga Shadow for End of the Universe? The four movies in the first season in order are
          I Worship His Shadow
          Super Nova
          Eating Pattern
          Giga Shadow

Comment

nice write up and link backs, I might have noticed this is going quite well already, looking forward to it

Comment

I have fun doing this stuff. If this becomes a thing, this could get REAL fun. I love that you've started this.

Comment

This is now also promo'd on tumblr and getglue.

Comment

I'm updating all my promos as tentatively set for next weekend pending football playoff scheduling in the U.S., so maybe the 19th... or something around there perhaps?

Comment

Thanks Pinky for your input on this topic and your insight, much appreciated.

Comment

So after scarring a couple of people for life in the test watch with s2ep20 End of the Universe with no previous Lexxperience (felt kinda like John BigBooty conducting an experiment), I vote next time we start at the beginning. Or if we must jump into the pond and sink or swim, start with the overwhelming worldwide fave, s2ep18 Brigadoom.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinky View Post
                        overwhelming worldwide fave, s2ep18 Brigadoom.
                        I understand that not every episode can be the best one. I think they sang one entire episode of Sanctuary...

I will have to let you know what I think of it after I have seen it.

Question - When you say "the original Lexx Movie" You are talking about I worship his Shadow, correct?

Comment

The first season was a series of 4 movies, and then the next 3 seasons were one-hour episodes of a series. It's kind of confusing, and since Syfy showed them out of order after it acquired the rights from Showtime, a lot of people don't know Lexx orginally started as a set of movies. So yes, the very first movie is crucial to understanding the whole entire rest of the series right up through to the end, which is I Worship His Shadow. Some of my Lexx film study work on my blog looks more closely at the kind of society that molded our characters so that we can understand why they behave the way they do from then on, which seems bizarre, but takes on a funny and yet very brave tone when you know the truth. My blog has a Lexx index at http://grandfortuna.xanga.com/767742511/the-lexx/

Comment

I love your blog, fantastic detailed images, well written. I highly recommend that anyone reading this that has even a remote interest in Lexx, visit http://grandfortuna.xanga.com/767742511/the-lexx/ immediately if not sooner .

The show Lexx itself is so far, just my type. It has allot of things that I love about a show, but the first thing that comes to mind is the complexity. I absolutely love complexity in a science fiction show. You will not watch one episode somewhere in the middle and understand this story. That would be like reading one page of a classic science fiction novel from the middle and trying to guess what the story is about.

myke

Comment

Lexx is the kind of show where you hit the ground running and have to use your own brain to keep up, because they don't stop and explain *anything*. I sometimes make fun of Trek because they're always standing around discussing everything, so you don't have to do the mental work to keep up. Lexx doesn't follow formula, for sure, and they assume anyone watching it is either smart enough to keep up or likes the actors or the spaceship enough to keep up. For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, it's very Orwellian with a sort of comic book attitude. Here, let me use the phrase 'keep up' one more time... haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X