Movie Link I Was Not Aware Of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Link I Was Not Aware Of

I just stumbled across this web site that is streaming TV shows and New movies while I was clicking around trying to turn a draft post into a published post.

The Credits is the Motion Picture Association’s online magazine, a hub for interviews and stories from behind the scenes, focusing on how your favorite films and television shows are created.

I have no idea how they are able to do this, I haven't thoroughly checked it out yet. I did start watching San Andreas just to see if it worked and it does.
    They do have a share button for Facebook on the website so its no secret.
    Its new to me so I thought I would pass it on.

Good catch Barry, there are several sites offering this service. It's my understanding that due to technical as well as a legality loop hole for now until the law's catch up with the speed of the ever changing technology, this is possible. The short version could be interpreted like this, streaming new movies rather then downloading them presents a problem for law enforcement. Although pirating movies is obviously against the law, the currant legal structure prevents prosecution of the end viewer due to the fact that they are only streaming. It's still unclear at this point if when the law changes whether or not the regulation could be written so that some "retro" action against the participants will be possible.

To try and be as clear about it as I can with my limited knowledge, the best advise I can give is, this is still a risk to the end user. It's possible although unlikely, that in the future those who choose to stream obviously pirated movies from the internet now, may be prosecuted at some point in the future.

So stream at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you for the very useful information.
      While watching a movie that was poor in quality, human heads started popping up in front of the movie blocking out some of the screen.
      At that point I was done. From what I viewed I would not have paid to see San Andreas however, I will leave that discussion to the movie critics.

Comment

I agree the quality of some of these feeds can be a bit sketchy. In the right setting, if you can put together a small group of friends for a particular viewing, the additional aspects you may encounter such as heads popping up, theater viewers walking by to refill popcorn, announcements over a P.A. for (Johny, please report to the ticket desk, your mother is waiting) can even add to the enjoyment. Some can even be quite comical.

Some people actually look forward to it.

Comment

Working...
        X