Civilization begins again, Defiance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization begins again, Defiance

Civilization begins again. Defiance, April 15 at 9/8c on Syfy.

This looks really good, I'm both excited by the prospect of a great new Sci-fi show and frightened by the thought that it will (hopfully not) be canceled after the first season. It could have the Friday night slot if you cancel wrestling. I say move Warehouse 13 and Defiance both to Friday night.

Civilization begins again. Defiance, April 15 at 9/8c on Syfy.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/defianceworld

You know, I was so blown away when they followed me on twitter. They look pretty serious about merch and/or gaming, hope it pans out. Love that they got the St. Louis Arch in the promo pic. =) Does that mean civilization begins again near my house? haha Most of the shows I've seen where the earth is either blown up (like in Lexx and Odyssey 5) or surives some kind of epic disaster or attack like Terra Nova or Outcasts- GET CANCELED. So far I think Falling Skies is still being filmed. (Tell me if I missed that getting canceled. =S) So my bets are on that Defiance will be canceled, too, just because that's a pattern. All the ideas are awesome, the filming is awesome, the shows get canceled. So what Defiance needs to do is dumb it down and make it really mediocre so it won't get canceled. >=l

But I'm definitely going to watch it.
    790: You're wasting your energy attempting to force my cooperation.
    I have no sense of self-preservation and I can always be reassembled.

Comment

So far my impression of this Defiance is very good. Obviously this is an excellent science fiction series with great characters and very good acting. I believe the sincerity and the actors sell the story well. It's small similarities to Firefly are hardly noticeable, to me they seam more like coincidence then any real type of copy cat issue as some other reviews I read earlier this year suggested. The costumes and make up look expensive and difficult, the special effects were superb, I only hope that SYFY will continue to pay the price and run this for at least 3 -5 seasons, I mean with the exception of Warehouse 13, what else do they have to spend money on anyway? It looks difficult to produce and as a result I predict that will result in the typical small number of episode's per season. I can really see this show running for awhile, there is plenty of potential for story, as I have said, the only thing I see stopping it is the cost.

Some things I did not like about it, I had a hard time picking out the main characters other then Irisa and Nolan, I mean who will we be watching in each new episode? Although I personally enjoy the alien language and the sub titles I worry that it might push some of the fan's away. Monday night slot? worst idea ever if your looking for live viewers. So far I was not crazy about the music selection, but I'm sure it will grow on me and It wouldn't stop any true science fiction fan's from watching anyway, sorry to say as much as I appreciate a very technical, rich and complex story myself, I wonder if main stream public really will? Is the average joe so spoiled by the cookie cutter type show's that do well, that they will not watch a show that provokes thought?

I love that SYFY has made a show that I like very much, it just really seams like the type of show that will not last more then a few seasons. They have me sold, but I am easy, now can they sell everyone else?

Comment

Working...
      X