The wife and I had date night last night, and went to eat at a little place called the Cottage in Crystal Lake. The burger was good and I would go again.

After Dinner we went to the movies to see the new Harry Potter film on opening night, my over all impressions of the movie it self were good, but not great. I like the story and I am looking forward to watching it again to see if I can try and pick up on more of the details.

Typically I like a story with more details and plot, this film defiantly fits into that category in my opinion. I think it will take me at least one more viewing to really grasp the story, and yes it is worth seeing a second time on DVD.

It was a little dark, not the film quality but the story itself. I thought it was a little down beat or sad in parts for a kids movie, I have always enjoyed the up beat Quidditch match, dragon slaying or funny parts and this chapter in the story had none.

The theater we saw the movie at showed the film in the new digital screen projection and I thought the quality was excellent and clear.

Looking forward to part 2 for sure!

myke