Roger Waters 2007 Return Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger Waters 2007 Return Tour

Roger Waters will be returning to Chicago!

Roger Waters will return to North America this spring to perform Pink Floyd's legendary The Dark Side Of The Moon in its entirety. The 24-date tour begins May 18 in West Palm Beach, Florida, and ends July 14 in Toronto.

He will be in Chicago- 06/09/07 | Chicago, IL | United Center

I went to the 2006 Show in September and here is my Review of that Show!

The show was excellent! They had all of the normal things you would expect to find at a Good concert, good music, nice show, visual effects were fantastic and it was a little smoky in the area I was in for a No smoking theater .

The Concert was at the First Midwest Bank Amphitheater in CHICAGO. The weather was a little cool but it wasn't raining.

Click image for larger version

Name:	audiance.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	1856

They had a typical light show, some explosions and smoke, fire balls, and the air was filled with bubbles for what seamed like a a full 45 minutes to an hour. They took a 15 minute break and then performed the full Dark side of the Moon from start to finish. The entire show there was a jumbo tron or huge video screen display on stage that had visual grafix and photo's plus the regular huge video screens on the sides and at the rear of the pavilion for the lawn seats.

Name:	band.jpg
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1857

The Girl PP Arnold they had sing the female vocalist solo part was absolutely incredible.

Name:	arnold.jpg
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	1858

I heard that when they played in New York there was a short political statement made about President Bush and Prime Minister Tony Blair, apparently Roger Waters is not a big fan of either of them, but at this particular show the only evidence I saw of that was a Huge 40 - 50 foot long Pink Pig with the words Impeach Bush on the Pigs Ass. Here in the Photo you can see the one side, the other side said "Don't be led to the slaughter" and the guy holding the rope had on a butchers outfit. They marched the Pig out from behind the stage and then up through the crowd and let it fly up into the sky until it was out of sight.

Name:	pig.jpg
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	1859

We smuggled in a canned Air Horn to blast during the anti political statement but since there really wasn't one we saved it and blew it off at the end of the show during the applause.

I enjoyed the show and all of the people we went with did also, one funny thing I recall was my brother in law who had never been to a Pink Floyd, Roger Waters or a David Gilmor show commented during the show how unusual it was to be able speak to one another during the music. I have been 3 times now and there is always quieter parts of these shows and it brings out a mellower group of people.

While walking to the theater half mile from our hotel we met another group of people doing the same thing, got to talking and just at the gate's the Girl asks if any of us had Lawn seats, as it turns out, 2 of our group did and the rest of us had pavilion seats, she gave us 2 pavilion seats!, she had extras, that was really nice!

Well that's the end of my review as promised on the Roger Water's 2006 Chicago Show.

myke

Working...
X