Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seasons Greetings From SyfyDesigns.com

SyFyDesigns.com

Seasons Greeting from SyFyDesigns.com, I hope that your 2012 holiday season is going well and that you "Live long and prosper". Consider this Sort of a science and science fiction year in review as well as forecast for the up coming year 2013 and big hello from myke. Since we all survived the boring Mayan apocalypse (incidentally when it comes to world ending apocalypse's, boring is really what you're looking for) I decided to send out a newsletter to all registered users of the site.

<beep> THIS HAS BEEN A TEST OF THE EMERGENCY DOOMSDAY SYSTEM. HAD THIS BEEN A REAL DOOMSDAY, A SCIENTIST WOULD HAVE TOLD YOU. <beep>

My goal is to inspire new user registration and user participation within the community, remember Adele might very well be able to Set Fire to the Rain but big deal... I've seen Spongebob light a campfire under water!

Reality is for people who lack imagination.

2012 was a big year for science fiction film both on TV and at the cinema, and it sounds like 2013 will be even better.

The Star Trek trailer, was really the most exciting science fiction news of resent days, Twitter exploded with the news when they released the trailer, there was quite a lot of buzz and excitement you could really tell from all the tweets and forums posts I read that it totally rekindled the excitement for the Star Trek franchise. Trekies have been posting threads about it and have re-watched many old episodes of Star Trek. News was leaked about a possible new Star Trek television series. Which I think a lot of people have been hoping for, we are really over due for a new one.

Other big science fiction news, Disney purchased Lucas Films Star Wars for $4 Billion and announced the future releases of 3 or more new movies. Possibly even as early as next year. There's a lot of excitement surrounding this purchase as we all anxiously await the release of more information, I look forward to any crossover images or storyline that might involve jedi knight Sr. Mickey Mouse, or images of Darth Vader walking two by two with Cinderella or Snow White Down Main Street of Disney USA. As well as the eventual release of the 3 exciting new Star Wars movies. May the force be with you.

In science news, the Mars rover Curiosity touched down and is working hard to discover the secrets of Mars.

Here are my picks for the year's best and worst science fiction and fantasy movies. Let the debate begin! Without exception all of these movies recieved a tremenduos amount of hype and build up, we heard about them constantly in tv and radio advertisements, we watched the trailers for what seamed like forever before the movies we paid to see finally came on. We heard the constant fake rating system tell us that they were all great, and got 5 stars and so on, but in the end looking back on 2012 I can read my list of the worst and recall how "Great" these movies sounded in the coming attractions but turned out to be crap.

Syfydesigns.com Top 5 Science Fiction Movies of 2012 in order

5 - Men in Black 3
    4 - John Carter
    3 - The Hunger Games
    2 - The Hobbit
    1 - The Avengers

Syfydesigns.com 5 Worst Science Fiction Movies of 2012 there is no point in ordering these

The Dark Knight Rises
    Wrath of the Titans
    Dark Shadows
    Total Recall
    Battleship

Early In 2013 the final few episodes of The Fantastic television series Fringe will air, the the fifth and final season will sadly come to a conclusion. The beautiful and talented Anna Torv has yet to announce any future plans in 2013 that I am aware of. Syfydesigns.com will keep you informed if there are any developments or news worthy discussion about this topic as we follow her career. The extremely talented and entertaining John Noble should be nominated for an emmy for his performance in the series, absolutely fantastic.

The SyFy channel has announced the date of January 14th for Lost Girl, Being Human and the terrific time-traveling police drama staring Rachel Nichols, Continuum.

Warehouse 13 will premiere its start of Season 4.5 in April 2013

Movies Syfydesigns.com is looking forward to in 2013 - Star Trek Into Darkness, Man of Steel, Star Wars, The Hobbit, Iron Man 3, 20,000 Leagues under the Sea

About the SyFyDesigns.com website

On the website you will notice a new home page, this page is just a basic design with movie posters to inspire thought provoking topics. I was really looking that wow factor and I have just not had the time to devote to research and development. You will also see my twitter feed as well as my twitter favorites and a list of recent forums threads. On the web design page you will see past and current web sites that SyFyDesigns.com sign has developed. And on the forums page you will see forums ranging in various topics. The Science fiction forum is the latest addition, I have started a few threads about movies and some other idea's.

It has been brought to my attention that in years past that not everyone who would have like this newsletter has received it, to this I say to you, you must not yet be a registered user, please click the Contact Us link as soon as possible and start your free user account at SyFyDesigns.com today. Please feel free to forward this newsletter to as many people as you like.

Although do to my recent efforts on Twitter the new registered users is on the rise, a lack of registered user participation on the syfydesigns.com website means that the site primarily consists of threads, tweets, posts, ideas and the thoughts of me, Michael McDow.

Site Statistics Members 33 Welcome to our newest member, REG
    Most Resent Forums Thread Warehouse 13 Farnsworth by myke
    Latest Blog Entry, Walter Bishop had a Book of his lifes work? by myke

Looking forward to hearing from you in 2013

myke

--
Working...
X