Golfing in 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golfing in 2009

Just a personal recollection and some reflections of mine about the game of golf.

The purpose of this forums post is not to inspire endless discussions and mind boggling topics about golf, but it will be more of an on-line journal for myself. Although as is the case with all of my forums categories, I sincerely hope that people would join me and add there own idea's and comments.

In the 2009 season I became intrigued with the game when I went for the first time in many years to golf at Pistakee Country Club. It was for my son's bachelor party, he wisely elected to choose something recreational and fun as apposed to the traditional party with strippers and booze. And although the boys did get a little raw, with the drinking and the "games" all in all the day was focused on golfing, I used a set of clubs my son bought for me at garage sale for $5 together with a zevo driver I bought myself at another garage sale that I paid $5 for.

Prior to this day, I had golfed only one time before, this was also with my son bradlee and his "younger" uncle ricky (this is another story) as I recall I took a lone 7 iron, and I basically ran the 18 hole course hitting the ball from time to time, trying to keep up with the boy's. At the time my wife's father James Bittermen, was the golf ranger at the Mound View Golf Course, in Friendship Wisconsin.

After hearing about the day at Pistakee, my step brother chuck, who is quite a golf enthusiast himself, found himself tossing and turning, apparently restless and unable to focus on his daily activates just thinking about the $10 worth of clubs I was bragging about. He took it upon himself to search out a bargain priced set of brand new clubs somewhere and sent them to me as a surprise. An unbelievably selfless and kind act if I do say so myself.

The next chance I got to go golfing with my new clubs, was at the second annual James Bittermen golf outing at Pistakee. It was a rather large group of people, all getting together to honor my wife's father who has passed away, and to enjoy a round of golf. Most of the people shot 9 holes and went into the bar or home for the day, while a small group of us went on and golfed another 9 for 18. I shot a 64 on the first 9, not so good, and a 53 for the second nine, though it was not par, it was nice to do better. Jim's famous saying was There is always time for nine.

My wife and I went golfing for 9 holes at Boone Creek, though I did not specifically care for the 9 holes course we golfed on, I would be willing to try the course again some day when I have time to shoot all 18. I am finding myself always pressed for time due to one reason or another, and not having time to golf all 18 at a relaxed pace.

Last weekend my son and I went golfing at a course in Wisconsin called Nippersink Country Club, We shot only 8 holes, because we were again pressed for time and had to rush, it was a much nicer course then Boone Creek in my opinion, and I am looking forward to returning to it soon. Although I shot terribly, I still enjoyed myself.

to be continued.....
Working...
X