Movie Maker Win. 98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Maker Win. 98

Hey myke, I am looking for a free down load called ( Windows Movie Maker ) for Windows 98 .... Sending a camera to a friend and they will need to use a nice program like this to create movies and send them Via E-mail. XP comes with it but Old 98 dose not. I checked for it my self on Microsoft down loads but I could not tell if I was finding the right one. Let me know when you get a chance. Thanks, Sister
    https://twitter.com/judypieking

sister dear,

You really do come up with some tuff one's! I do not use the software myself but I took the time and did a little research for you on the topic.

With a little effort I was able to arrive at the conclusion that This nice little software program is very popular and our buddy Bill Gates has done this for a very good reason.
    This software is "Free" as you stated in your post, "Free" for those people that "Buy" Windows XP. It is designed that way on purpose to encourage people to purchase the New Operating system. There are many software programs included with Bill's Flag ship OS "XP" that will not work on Windows 98 including many other's from software venders that got left behind or took advantage of the opportunity to sell more code.
    Windows Movie Maker comes only for XP and Me. It is a system component so even if you somehow copy it on to Windows 98 machine it wont work.
    Movie maker 1 was the version that came with win xp and win me. On XP there is an updated version 2 available from windows update.
    Also note that Windows Movie Maker will not save in a format suitable for VCD or DVD, it only saves in dv-avi or microsoft's own format (.wmv). Dont waste your cds or time trying to do that. However once you have made and saved your movie in WMV format you can use some third party software like Sonic My DVD or Nero Vision Express to make your VCD/DVD. These programs will re-encode the exported movie into a dvd or vcd format.
    You might want to take a look on www.videohelp.com under the tools section and do a search, I did and I see some of the old software I used years ago has been updated even more and is looking good, One in particular I remember using is VirtualDub, it's still free and works good.

VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit Windows platforms (95/98/ME/NT4/2000/XP), licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It lacks the editing power of a general-purpose editor such as Adobe Premiere, but is streamlined for fast linear operations over video. It has batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files and can be extended with third-party video filters. VirtualDub is mainly geared toward processing AVI files, although it can read (not write) MPEG-1 and also handle sets of BMP images.

myke

Comment

Working...
    X