Clear All

• Geek Squad

Click image for larger version

Name:	site_logo.gif
Views:	2
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	1976

M
    ost of you have already heard the news of my semi-retirement and my part time job at Best Buy. However you might not be aware that I have now changed departments within the store and now work for Geek Squad. I will say that I love it so far as expected. As a Geek Squad Agent, I now have the privilege to engage the public, our clients, on a daily basis about topics pertaining to computers and software. As my clients bring to my attention all types of bug's and glitches, some I have seen before and some not so much, I learn something from each and every encounter. As technology changes I must continue learning and teaching what I have learned, it can be very rewarding. Windows 10 brings about a new era and regardless if you choose to upgrade now or wait, it is inevitable that at some point everyone of us will become familiar with it at some point in the future.

Windows 10 is here to stay in my opinion, going forward Microsoft will continue to update the operating system in increments for a much longer period of time then we have seen in the past. Windows 8 went through only one major upgrade to 8.1 and I predict that 10 will be around much longer and transition through this same type of product level or version numbers for much longer.

I see many new computers bought and sold each day all with Windows 10, you can no longer buy windows 7 and in a very short time you will no longer be able to buy windows 8, you most certainly will not be able to buy a new PC with anything but 10 installed on it. I consider myself a power user, I have 100's of different software applications installed on my personal PC and have yet to find any that wont run on 10. I personally waited a very long time to jump from the XP and Vista days to Windows 7, not so with Windows 10.

I intend to be as knowledgeable and productive with this operating system for as long as I can rather then waiting and lagging behind with what is in the past. It is my opinion that for those people with windows 8 or 8.1 upgrading to Windows 10 is a "no brainer" while those people still satisfied with 7 can choose to either jump on the train or sit at the station. Anyone still on Vista, don't even try to upgrade, just milk out what is left and buy a new PC when it finally dies. Funny as it may sound there are some people still content with XP but even less than Vista.

Look for my YouTube channel for some training Video's about Windows 10 and other things in the weeks to come. I have planned to create some video's to try and help people make the transition from an older OS to 10. I have some quick browser lessons there already. It is my intent to create new video's based on the quantity of questions I receive while working the desk at Geek Squad.

Next I have a little more difficult topic planned that I am working on, Video's for copying photo's or documents to a flash drive from the PC and Back up strategies for people ready to start preparing for a disaster. Based on the quantity of people who ask me for assistance, my schedule looks like it will be this first followed by preventing a malware infection.

myke

Click image for larger version

Name:	site_logo.gif
Views:	2
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	1976
Working...
X