need software help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need software help

Does anyone know where I can find free or cheap video editing software for windows platform?
    I have been transferring old VHS to DVD and I need a way to trim the clips for posting. The microsoft movie maker doesn't work good at all. Thank you in advance...

Have you google searched? Scott has been wrestling with this too, using a klunky old handheld video recorder with a line plugged into the computer so he can record to DVD while it plays, a real drag when you've got a stack of family recordings that go back 20+ years.

3 totally free alternatives to Windows Movie Maker
    http://www.zmescience.com/tech/total...s-movie-maker/

For anyone wanting to convert without necessarily editing, here you go.

HOW TO CONVERT VHS TO Dvd - (When all else fails revert to low tech)
    VHS tapes are bordering on extinction. Luckily, we've put together an in-depth guide on how to convert VHS to DVD or another modern format of your choosing.

Transfer VHS tapes to your computer - (relatively inexpensive, it says)
    http://www.cnet.com/how-to/transfer-...your-computer/

Walgreens digital transfer services - (pay someone else to do it)

And I'm finding several tutorials.
    790: You're wasting your energy attempting to force my cooperation.
    I have no sense of self-preservation and I can always be reassembled.

Comment

If your just talking about a few clips, to transfer, you can try aiming your cell phone at the tv while the vhs player is playing. With a tripod and a quite room, you can get surprisingly good results this way. Pirates do entire movies in a movie theater this way. Kind of a "Low Tech" Solution.

Once the video has already been converted to MPEG or some other format, I have used womble DVD wizard myself to trim out commercials or cut out parts unwanted for some TV shows that I have recorded, I may be able to help in this area, please feel free to send me a PM.

myke

Comment

Thank you guys for your help and pointing me in the right direction. I now have to take my B12 and put on my thinking beanie and get started.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	beanie.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	1703

Comment

So I was doing my semi annual Klout check and ran into this, click to go to that cool video editing site.

790: You're wasting your energy attempting to force my cooperation.
          I have no sense of self-preservation and I can always be reassembled.

Comment

I will since I went with the free VSDC video editor and have had to learn a whole new lexicon to decipher its use, (its not for dummies) its taking me awhile but I'm getting it. Thanks again for all the help!

Comment

Working...
            X